Help! Dawn demo error - won't run

Old February 14th 04, 04:27 PM

Default Help! Dawn demo error - won't run

Hello, I am having a strange and very frustrating problem with my new BFG FX5900. The card works great in all the games I have played, but will not run the Dawn or Dusk demos.

It's driving me crazy that guys with ATI cards can run the demo, but I cannot. I've downloaded the latest drivers 53.03 from NVIDIA, the latest demos, and the latest patches/BIOS for my motherboard and still no luck.

I run DirectX diag and all appears fine for DX9, also I am running the Call of Duty CD with everything in high detail with no problems - I assume I'm running in DX9 mode. When I try to run the Dawn demo though the screen changes resolution, goes black and comes back with an error message and closes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really bugging me.

System Stats:

Windows XP Pro
BFG 5900 Video Card
NVIDIA 53.03 drivers

ECS K7S5A Motherboard
AMD 2400 XP processor
512MB DDR memory

Old February 14th 04, 05:55 PM
Malcolm B

I tried this demo on a FX5200 system and it wouldn't run, could that have
been the problem, I put it down to it being a 5200 although NVIDIA site said
any FX card.

Malcolm

"Butterfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:27:39 -0600, wrote:

It's driving me crazy that guys with ATI cards can run the demo, but I

cannot.

Fiddle with the refresh rate. I had the same problem. Mine was too
high or too low... I forget.
Gotta go...
Butterfield

---

Old February 21st 04, 09:01 AM
Stelios

I have the same problem in a very similar system. Still trying to find
a solution. Are you running any beta or pre-release programs?
I am doing beta testing for a couple of programs and I think that this
may be the problem.

System:

Windows XP Home
MSI FX5900 128MB Video card
Nvidia 53.03 drivers

Intel MV850 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 2400 CPU
512MB RDRAM memory

Old February 22nd 04, 04:13 PM
Stelios Koulouris

Sure. The whole thing will drive me crazy. There is reason why it shouldn't
run...