ASUS WLAN Control Center: How can the "Radio State" be set off by default ?

Old October 26th 05, 12:43 PM
GHL

Default ASUS WLAN Control Center: How can the "Radio State" be set off by default ?

Hello,

could anyone please help me find a way to default the Radio State of the
built-in WLAN adapter of an ASUS mainboard (I have the P5AD2-E but this
surely also applies to other more recent board from Asus) to off ?

When installing the adapter and the WLAN Control Center the radio part of
the card is always on after booting the PC.

You have to go into the "Asus WLAN Card Settings" and click on the button
"Disable Radio" to set it off.

However I found no way to save this state to a profile which renders the
Radio part off at every boot.

I also looked in the Registry and searched for an .ini file to set it there
permanently, in vain.

Can anyone help me ?

TIA

Old October 26th 05, 02:17 PM
doug

I have the wireless card for a P5WD2-Premium and have it set to 'off'. I
have no issues with reboots and losing my off setting. I just click on
the taskbar icon and set it to off. Occasionlly it turns it self on, but
I just click it off again and it stays that way for the most part.