Printer advice

Old January 3rd 18, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, comp.periphs.printers
android

Default Printer advice

Forwarded to comp.periphs.printers.

On 2018-01-03 19:32:16 +0000, philo said:

I am looking to replace my Epson P600

It's only three years old but clogs often and takes a lot of ink to clear.

My previous printer was an Epson and worked flawlessly for six years or more.

At one time Epson was supposed to be a top of the line printer, but now
most of my friends who do this professionally say I really should look
into Canon.

It will be used for color and B&W printing, no larger than 13" X 19".

Right now I am looking at the specs for both the ip8720 and P400

any recommendations?

I do not need and "fancy" features such as roll printing, wireless or
network capabilities.

Quality of the print is what's important.

Thanks

NOTE: Perhaps just some pointers to how to troubleshoot my current
printer might be all that's needed

--
teleportation kills

Old January 3rd 18, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
philo

On 1/3/2018 1:46 PM, android wrote:
Forwarded to comp.periphs.printers.

Thanks, I was not aware of the group and have now subscribed.
Old January 4th 18, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
nospam

In article , Frank Williams
wrote:

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

nonsense.
Old January 4th 18, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
philo

On 1/4/2018 12:19 AM, Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:46:41 +0100, android wrote:

Forwarded to comp.periphs.printers.

NOTE: Perhaps just some pointers to how to troubleshoot my current
printer might be all that's needed

Keep the printer cool and power it off with the on/off button. not the
mains switch.

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

My wife indeed powers it off with the switch. It has not been used
enough for the heads to be "burned out."
Old January 4th 18, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
nospam

In article , philo
wrote:

Keep the printer cool and power it off with the on/off button. not the
mains switch.

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

My wife indeed powers it off with the switch. It has not been used
enough for the heads to be "burned out."

they can if you run too many clean cycles in a row.
Old January 4th 18, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
PeterN[_3_]

On 1/4/2018 7:58 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Frank Williams
wrote:

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

nonsense.

Canon gave a substantial grant to an educational organization. A lot of
the grant money was used to purchase thirty Epson printers. It's not
hard to figure out why.

--
PeterN
Old January 4th 18, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

nonsense.

Canon gave a substantial grant to an educational organization. A lot of
the grant money was used to purchase thirty Epson printers. It's not
hard to figure out why.

most canon printers have the heads in the ink cartridge, which gets
replaced every time the ink is replaced.

even if the heads did burn out, it's easy to fix. replace the ink.

epson heads *will* burn out if the clean cycle is run too many times in
a row.
Old January 6th 18, 09:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 09:53:01 -0600, philo wrote:

On 1/4/2018 12:19 AM, Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:46:41 +0100, android wrote:

Forwarded to comp.periphs.printers.

NOTE: Perhaps just some pointers to how to troubleshoot my current
printer might be all that's needed

Keep the printer cool and power it off with the on/off button. not the
mains switch.

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

My wife indeed powers it off with the switch. It has not been used
enough for the heads to be "burned out."

That is a major part of your problem. If you power it down from the
control panel the printer parks the print head and then caps it. If
you just shut it down the ink in the nozzles will dry and clog them.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old January 6th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
David B.[_3_]

On 06/01/2018 08:38, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 09:53:01 -0600, philo wrote:

On 1/4/2018 12:19 AM, Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:46:41 +0100, android wrote:

Forwarded to comp.periphs.printers.

NOTE: Perhaps just some pointers to how to troubleshoot my current
printer might be all that's needed

Keep the printer cool and power it off with the on/off button. not the
mains switch.

Canon are bubble jet printers and the print heads burn out

My wife indeed powers it off with the switch. It has not been used
enough for the heads to be "burned out."

That is a major part of your problem. If you power it down from the
control panel the printer parks the print head and then caps it. If
you just shut it down the ink in the nozzles will dry and clog them.

I have no doubt that you are 100% correct, Eric ..........

BUT .......

How do you KNOW that?

Do tell! :-)

--
David B.

Old January 6th 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

Keep the printer cool and power it off with the on/off button. not the
mains switch.

My wife indeed powers it off with the switch. It has not been used
enough for the heads to be "burned out."

That is a major part of your problem. If you power it down from the
control panel the printer parks the print head and then caps it. If
you just shut it down the ink in the nozzles will dry and clog them.

I have no doubt that you are 100% correct, Eric ..........

he is

How do you KNOW that?

because he's not as stupid as you are.

New MFD Printer advice please Planner Printers 0 February 11th 07 03:14 PM
Printer advice. Bill Printers 0 November 9th 06 08:22 AM
HP Printer advice Jack Ricci Printers 0 March 20th 06 06:39 AM
Any advice on getting a new printer? Versy Tyle Printers 4 August 4th 03 11:58 AM
all in one printer advice Deathwalker Printers 2 July 24th 03 06:19 AM