Cyrix M2 300 cpu

Old July 10th 03, 09:05 PM
CHRIS 159

cant help you with that one. most mobo's ive seen have the voltage jumpers
close to the front panel connectors but with yours being a PB i would
*guess* it doesnt have them.
maybe somebody else here can correct me if im wrong

"Patrick" wrote in message
Where is the vlotage set? I have been able to set the multiplier jumpers,
but not sure where the voltage jumper is. It is a Packard Bell Multimedia
855 Machine (old I know , but the Cyrix cpu is killing it) .
All help VERY welcome
"CHRIS 159" wrote in message
it should do. IIRR the voltages are different between the cyrix and

k6's.
that could be why it locks up

"Patrick" wrote in message
Simple question, will a socket running a Cyrix MII 300 cpu run an AMD

K6
2
cpu? Presently it recognises the cpu but locks up,, think it may be

just
an
overheating issue. Anyone got any experience with it ?
Patrick

Old July 11th 03, 04:05 AM
Fig

Try takeing the case cover off and looking at the motherboard for a label
name of some sort mate.
Something like ASUS, or ABIT, or SOLTEK, or AOPEN.
Then look for a model number/name and revision number.

Fig

"Patrick" wrote in message
Simple question, will a socket running a Cyrix MII 300 cpu run an AMD K6

2
cpu? Presently it recognises the cpu but locks up,, think it may be just

an
overheating issue. Anyone got any experience with it ?
Patrick

cyrix m2 overclocking danielle padgett Overclocking 9 December 16th 04 12:31 AM
CYRIX ... Jure Sah General 2 June 18th 04 10:58 AM
CPU speeds and bus speeds. half_pint General 17 April 23rd 04 03:54 AM