GeForce 6800GS Video Card SUCKS ASS, why ??Or Why am I retarded?

Old May 2nd 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown INC.

Default GeForce 6800GS Video Card SUCKS ASS, why ??Or Why am I retarded?

I bought a geforce 6800gs about 9months ago. It was a HUGE ASS
mistake, I suspect I lost a lot of IQ points and have become mildly
retarded. The card sucks ass, it's slow and hot enough to melt
concrete. Their is a GIGANTIC LAG when even typing really fast, and
games aren't jerky but you can tell that card is sucking. If I
download some program http, their is this lag to allow me to click
'save as' and another lag to jump to the download window, then another
lag to 'remove download from list' option.

If I open more than 10 tabs in Seamonkey it lags as each window opens
like it is really working hard.

ALSO, If you have notepad open and grab the window with the mouse and
move it around really slow, you can see a trail of the window. I
didn't enable 'window trails' in my xp options either.

If you move that same window around the screen REALLY fast, you can
see the temp of the CPU and VIDEO CARD jump up 5C in about 30 seconds.

If I left-click on the desktop for that little menu, there is a 1-2
second lag to get to that little menu. If I click 'refresh' it has
another 1 second delay before it refreshes.

PDF files, if I grab the document and scroll fast it is like the video
card is going 'omg, let's move this thing, whoops' and then it moves.

If you play a avi,mpeg,wmv of under 20 megs, it will start only after
about 4-5 seconds, Like it's telling the card to wake up. If you skip
to the middle of the movie if has a HICCUP and then waits 3 seconds to
start at that point.

This card is terrible, I don't see people with this card with THESE or
THIS MANY problems. I AM ANGRY!

I tried going from 32-bit to 16-bit colors, NO HELP.

I have the latest STABLE drivers.

Why did I buy this model of card?

I remember reviews at the time said it was a good card so why does is
suck so much?

Can I replace it with something better, where I can TELL a difference,
??

I research comp parts at least 2-3 weeks before purchase, how did this
happen?

What would you do with this ****ty video card?

HELP ME, Tell me what to do, give me something, some advice, I'll take
any advice that is not expensive at this point. I am not made of money
either.

Please help, yes this is a serious request

thanks

Old May 2nd 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rev. G.G. Willikers

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

PSU?

--

Rev. G.G. Willikers

The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or
took a few liberties with our female party guests. We did.

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for
the behavior of a few sick, perverted individuals.

If you do, shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system?

And if the whole fraternity system is guilty,then isn't this
an indictment of our educational institutions in general?

I put it to you, Greg.

Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Well you can do what you want to us, but we won't sit here
and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!
Old May 3rd 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

Does the motherboard use an Nforce3 chipset ?

Paul
Old May 3rd 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

Might not be just your video card.Whats the rest of your system?
How many programs are running including startmenu,icons on desktop etc. All
this suff can accumulate and realy bog down a system.
I don't see any of those problems with my 7900GS.

Old May 3rd 07, 06:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown INC.

On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:25:27 GMT, "Rev. G.G. Willikers "
wrote:

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

power supply unit? thats gonna help the video card?
the 400 watt i have is the problem..

hmm, i'll get back to you in a few weeks.

Old May 3rd 07, 06:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown INC.

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:19:17 -0400, Paul wrote:

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

i think its nforce4 chipset.

but i could be wrong, after all i bought that video card.

Old May 3rd 07, 07:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2007 03:41:23 GMT, "don't look" don't
wrote:

Might not be just your video card.Whats the rest of your system?

OS-Windows XP.Home SP2 5.1.2600
Motherboard-Asus A8S-X BIOS 08/26/05 VER: 08.00.10 SiS 756 AMD Hammer
CPU-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice S939 Step DH-E6
Monitor- LG L1933TR-SF LCD 19"
Video Card-NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS(256 MB) NV41GS
Memory-Corsair VS1GB400C3 1GB(PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Hard Drive-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS Perpendicular
Recording Technology 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD-SAMSUNG IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBE 18X DVD±R DVD Burner 12X DVD-RAM
Write, LightScribe

thats it, what the verdict now???

In the reviews of the AGP version, one guy mentions it not working
with Nforce3.

But your A8S-X is PCI Express and an SIS chipset (SIS756). No one
here seems to be having any problems. But neither do I see an SIS
chipset mentioned.

So the next place to look, is the Asus forums. There are only 98 threads
here for your motherboard. And there are video problems listed here, but
at least one theory is some kind of resource conflict. Your symptoms
are different, because at least you get an image on the screen. Many of
those guys got a black screen on boot.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx...=1&model=A8S-X

So no hints out there. Which leaves dealing with the symptoms
directly.

Do a ctrl-alt-delete. Bring up the Task Manager and display the
CPU performance. Now, repeat some of your test cases, such as typing, or
bringing up a dialog box. Is the CPU getting pegged at 100% load
for long periods of time ? As if the CPU is forced to draw every
pixel itself ?

If you run any of the 3DMark benchmarks, are your results anywhere
near what other people report for your video card ? Does 3DMark
(any version) complain about drivers or feature support ?

It almost sounds like video is not accelerated at all. I don't
have a PCI Express system (the shame of it...), but I understand
there should be a number of "PCI to PCI" bridge entries in Device
Manager. And those have something to do with PCI Express. The driver
apparently comes from Windows, because there is no driver for PCI Express
on the SIS site.

I wish I could help further, but without a machine to look at
Device Manager, check what drivers are present, it is hard to
tell whether your system is accelerated or not. You could
try going to Start:Run and type "DXDIAG" without the quotes,
and run Dxdiag that comes with DirectX 9 install.

Have you installed an Nvidia graphics driver (of course you have) ?
Is DirectX 9c or later installed ?
Do the tests in Dxdiag work ? Any errors reported ?

I'd recommend Powerstrip from Entechtaiwan, but the status
screen in that program was mainly for AGP. Again, without a
PCI Express system here, I have no idea whether Powerstrip has
anything cogent to offer on the status of your system.

It sounds like your video is not accelerated. But with no PCI
Express system here to play with, I cannot tell you more
specifically what to look for. Suffice to say, based on many
of the other people who reported being satisfied with the
6800GS, it is possible to have a better experience than
you've currently got. I think something other than the video
card is to blame. And no, I don't suspect power issues.

One last thing. Have you checked the Event Viewer ? Are
there any errors in there, like a driver tried to load
and had problems ?

Paul
Old May 3rd 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rev. G.G. Willikers

Bob Brown INC. wrote:
[...]

OK smart Guy. What BRAND is the Video Card.

Oh and yes you could have performance problems with a 400W PSU.
If your rails are overtaxed, I could see your problems happening.
Have you even tried a different molex connection?

You mentioned heat as well. What does the heatsink and inside of the fan
shroud look like, fuzzy?.

Have you tried the card in another PC? If it's crapping out on another
PC, you could probably get it RMA'd.

Old May 8th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Any chance the brand was XFX ? If so, you got a broken
refurb. You have to properly bribe them to send you a
new out of the box 6800.

johns