EPSON XP830 Problem

Old April 18th 18, 03:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default EPSON XP830 Problem

On 4/18/2018 1:24 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
Turing wrote:

snip...
If the rollers are rubber-like, they could be dirty. Use some isopropyl
alcohol to clean them.

Rubber rollers shrink after many years by drying out. A service tech
where I once worked had some rejuvenator spray he used on those rollers,
like in copying machines. I'd help him out so he gave me a can of the
stuff. I wish I had some more but ran out hence I don't remember what

snip...
Getting at the rollers is another matter. If they aren't easily
accessible, you will need to perform some disassembly to get at them.

My last employer had maybe 500 tape recorders and printers and copiers and
scanners. Each of these suffered from the normal problems with rubber
aging. Our techs' solution was "blanket cleaner", a product used in the
maintenance of offset printing equipment. We got it by the expedient of
going to the local newspaper printing plant and asking for a fill-up of our
bottle. A half gallon or so would last our maintenance shop for over a year
since a little goes a long way. The newspaper got the stuff by the
55-gallon drum IIRC. Smelled good enough although it was probably toxic.

Old April 19th 18, 06:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rodney Pont[_6_]

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:43:17 -0400, wrote:

https://files.support.epson.com/doci...851/index.html

If the subject is there I sure do not see it. But maybe I am missing
it?

There is this bit which shows a different ADF:

https://files.support.epson.com/doci...851/index.html

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;

Old April 19th 18, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 06:30:51 +0100 (BST), "Rodney Pont"
wrote:

https://files.support.epson.com/doci...851/index.html

Yes
Thank you.

This seems to show a dead match for my XP830's ADF. I had found this
URL in my searching. As I 'play' with this thing, the cause of my
jamming remains unknown. Friction? Maybe. I want to ask Epson
about it, but I have not found a site, or other way, to do that yet.
They may have gone underground in China?

As I said, it is really a shame. I had nothing but good things to say
about this printer 'til now. Of course, it does have cartridge
changing anomalies, but that is another issue - I figured that out
tho. Very tricky.

The printer still prints . Still scans single pages from the inside
glass. But that only scans one side and besides being impractically
slow, leaves document pages separated which then requires separate
merging software to put the result together. Noon\e said life was
easy.

Al

Old April 19th 18, 11:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

wrote:

[...]

They're actually a Japanese company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiko_Epson

User replaceable parts:

https://epson.com/Support/wa00399

(Supplier contacts)

https://compassmicro.com/products/al...es/xp-830.html

This gives an exploded diagram of some of the mechanical bits.

https://compassmicro.com/media/wysiw...loded-diag.pdf

Again, I don't see an obvious mechanism to guide the paper back up
through the cover to the under-tray. I don't even see what would
pass for a scanner carriage in there.

Paul
Old April 19th 18, 11:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

wrote:

[...]

They also have a Service Locator, for finding
someone to do repairs.

https://epson.com/Support/ServiceCenterLocator

Paul
Old April 19th 18, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 06:45:03 -0400, Paul

wrote:

[...]

Thank you Paul, Appreciate your effort.
Quite an assemblage!
Al
Old April 22nd 18, 10:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 06:46:43 -0400, Paul
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Nor do I - and I even have one - mine. I shud be able to watch the
paper flow. I have examined the paper-flow, and the path ia not well
guided. Some times the pushed paper edge gets crunched because the
paper is jammed somewhere ahead in the path.
My best bet is to toss it I guess. One thing - I will test the next
one thoroughly in Staples or some-such before I buy another AIO.
Thanx for your help - you have always been there with accurate
guidance. I appreciate it.

https://epson.com/For-Home/Printers/Inkjet/c/h110