Skybuck's DreamPC design for 2015, version 1 initial draft.

Old September 13th 15, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Skybuck's DreamPC design for 2015, version 1 initial draft.

"
Screen Space? How about a graphics card that supports dual monitors.
"

Don't like to have a bar in the middle... that would drive me nuts !

Bye,
Skybuck
Old September 13th 15, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Mr. Man-wai Chang

The real problem is we consumers including US Government have NO CONTROL
over Micro$oft.

On 9/12/2015 11:57 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
One possible alternative to building a new PC and getting possibly
crappy/spy-ie windows 10 is simply upgrading my current DreamPC with a
better graphics card.

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old September 13th 15, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 13:59:56 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

"

Too ****ing late for that event.
Old September 13th 15, 02:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

wrote:

"
Screen Space? How about a graphics card that supports dual monitors.
"

Don't like to have a bar in the middle... that would drive me nuts !

Bye,
Skybuck

You should use a video card supporting 1x3 or even 2 x3 monitor
configuration. with 1x3 configuration, you could easily get 90 degree
horizontal field of view. The 2x3 configuration may be a bit hard on
your neck :-).

With 1x3 (and 1x5) the startup screen will be on the middle screen.

Since the cost of 1920x1080 monitors is minimal, the 1x3 monitor
configuration is popular for each workstation in industrial control
room applications.

Old September 13th 15, 03:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

The weird thing about windows and this titan x is that the titan x can
actually cause stuttering if system has less than 24 GB of ram.

The reason for this is an old algorithm in windows which has to do with
frame buffer flipping and swap files and such.

This is pretty weird.

The recommended ammount of minimum memory for a titan x is 48 GB of ram,
perhaps 32 GB of ram will be enough... but this would only leave 16 GB of
ram for games and other os related things.

Os related things could take up 1 GB or more... so then maybe 14 GB left...
doesn't really sound like all that much for coming 5 or 10 years.

Perhaps it's better to avoid this system until 64 GB of ram becomes
available... which is already the limited of this motherboard.

So I would expect problems with 64 GB of ram.

Perhaps it's better to wait for new system designs that can equip much more
RAM than just 64 GB of ram.

However I am getting a bit tired of waiting... though 2016 has not yet
arrived... still a few months to go..

Though I do not expect this situation to change in those few months...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 14th 15, 03:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Well, I have two computers on my desk, currently not using the older one...
I might use this currently though as a new one arrives.

I don't think I have the space for 3 monitors... it would obstruct the
case...

So I rather get one big one... that might just fit !

Would have to make sure it fits just to be sure !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 14th 15, 04:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Steven Hystad

On Sat, 2015-09-12 at 10:04 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 12:13:55 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

Skybuck's DreamPC design for 2015,

No NVidia graphics subsystem? You're a lost puppy, you cross posting
retarded ****.

My only joy with you is the fact that you pay way too much for your
crap. errr.. I mean your mommy and daddy does.

He listed the GTX TITAN X. That's a render class card from NVidia. In
fact that is the best card from NVidia that is recommended for desktop
use. That one component costs more than most peoples computers.

Old September 14th 15, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Steven Hystad

On Sat, 2015-09-12 at 17:40 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Unless I decide to go the super efficient power route...

Then it may be:

EfficientPC

or

UnderpoweredPC ! Hihihi.

or

WeaklingPC

or

ReallyColdPC

or

CoolPC ! =D

From the point of view of someone living exclusivly in *nix land for a
few years: IceBoxen.
I have a server running like that. It's amazing how many useful
applications are out there that don't need a super fast processor and
GPU. RAM is a must, however. I have had a very clear need to purchase
more RAM while running a private server. Maybe that's just because I
keep finding more shiny toy software to run on it.

Old September 14th 15, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

It's starting to look like I may have to cancel this build because of
Windows 10.

Too much spyware in it.

I am not sure I want to run something like Linux or Windows 7 with all it's
patches/issues.

One possibility could be to upgrade current system and keep windows 7 though
I don't like that option much.

One possibility which comes to mind is "clone the old computer/harddisks" to
the new computer.

So that everything stays the same... I would kinda like that option...

However it may get tricky to resize the file system.

I am not sure it's gonna work... it may be more hassle then it's worth and
might ultimately fail.

That would have to be one hell of a re-partitioning tool, without crashing.

May have to investigate the re-partioning option and cloning option.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Bye,
Skybuck.