Skybuck's DreamPC design for 2015, version 1 initial draft.

Old September 15th 15, 02:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Backdoor in Skylake ? Was ( Microsoft 2015 Privacy Statement (Was Skybuck's DreamPC design for 2015, version 1 initial draft.))

Unfortunately the Z170 chipset seems to include the ME engine:

http://ark.intel.com/products/90591

"Intel® ME Firmware Version 11.0"

Hmmm...

Might have to wait for AMD's zen chip/platform.

Maybe it less spyie

Bye,
Skybuck

Old September 15th 15, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Paul

Default Backdoor in Skylake ? Was ( Microsoft 2015 Privacy Statement

Skybuck Flying wrote:
This document says it moved from PCH to MCH:

2014-10 [Breakpoint] Intel ME - Two Years Later.pdf

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sk...rs%20Later.pdf

Bye,
Skybuck.

I think "ME" has moved down, as in the PCH on the right.

http://www.nordichardware.com/skrive...g/559/p552.jpg

The only puzzling part, is whether they'd stage RAM for the
thing in the processor, and use DMI for the transactions.
DMI is the bus between PCH and CPU.

And it's not a spying concern as such. It's more a worry
about attack from the outside, leading to compromise of the
main system.

It's easy enough to stop the NIC path - by plugging in a
third-party NIC card on the PCI-Express bus and using it instead.
Trouble is, finding a good brand of NIC that isn't Intel... I
would pick Marvell, but they're just not in the market any more
that I can see. I have four NIC cards here already that I cannot
use, because they are crap.

And doing a complete Wifi inside one of the chips is only feasible
if there isn't a metal cover over the chip. If you want to
secretly communicate with the outside world, you have to
solve the antenna problem first. If you make an antenna inside
the metal computer case, it's not going to work all that well.
The computer case is certainly not hermetic, if doesn't use
RF gasketing. But still, there is going to be enough attenuation
to make "spying" pretty difficult.

Paul
Old September 15th 15, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
rickman

On 9/13/2015 8:03 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

The real problem is we consumers including US Government have NO CONTROL
over Micro$oft.

Sure you do. Don't buy their ****, they will change.

--

Rick
Old September 15th 15, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:04:32 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

It
can be used remotely even while the PC is powered off (via Wake-on-Lan).

Which is ALWAYS turned OFF on my machines.

You are a true idiot for copy and pasting this horse**** into these
groups.
Old September 15th 15, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:04:32 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor
with total access to and control over the rest of the PC.

Nope. Only on system owned by a retard like you and your system
futzing stupidity.

You can't even get past why you are not supposed to be a cross posting
retard in Usenet.
Old September 15th 15, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:21:43 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

I know fully understand where this codename: Skylake comes from.

Uhhh... no. You are a true total retard.
Old September 18th 15, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Default Backdoor in Skylake

Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snip]
It's easy enough to stop the NIC path - by plugging in a
third-party NIC card on the PCI-Express bus and using it instead.
Trouble is, finding a good brand of NIC that isn't Intel... I
would pick Marvell, but they're just not in the market any more
that I can see. I have four NIC cards here already that I cannot
use, because they are crap.

Heh! You know I have nothing but respect for you Paul but "NIC card"? That's
like saying ATM machine or PIN number.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Old September 18th 15, 04:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snip]
It's easy enough to stop the NIC path - by plugging in a
third-party NIC card on the PCI-Express bus and using it instead.
Trouble is, finding a good brand of NIC that isn't Intel... I
would pick Marvell, but they're just not in the market any more
that I can see. I have four NIC cards here already that I cannot
use, because they are crap.

Heh! You know I have nothing but respect for you Paul but "NIC card"? That's
like saying ATM machine or PIN number.

Cheers,

Even the boxes they come in, aren't completely description.

Gigabit desktop PCI adapter

They forgot to mention "Network" in that one.

One of the products promised a Marvell chip (which is
why I bought it), only to find RealTek on the card. Not
my idea of a pleasant surprise.

And they don't call me "Mr. Redundancy Redundancy" for nothing.
My parents couldn't think up an original name. And then on my
underwear it just says "Redundancy", and nobody knows if that's
my first name or last name.

Paul
Old September 21st 15, 09:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snip]
It's easy enough to stop the NIC path - by plugging in a
third-party NIC card on the PCI-Express bus and using it instead.
Trouble is, finding a good brand of NIC that isn't Intel... I
would pick Marvell, but they're just not in the market any more
that I can see. I have four NIC cards here already that I cannot
use, because they are crap.

Heh! You know I have nothing but respect for you Paul but "NIC
card"? That's like saying ATM machine or PIN number.

Cheers,

Even the boxes they come in, aren't completely description.

Gigabit desktop PCI adapter

They forgot to mention "Network" in that one.

One of the products promised a Marvell chip (which is
why I bought it), only to find RealTek on the card. Not
my idea of a pleasant surprise.

Not at all.

And they don't call me "Mr. Redundancy Redundancy" for nothing.
My parents couldn't think up an original name. And then on my
underwear it just says "Redundancy", and nobody knows if that's
my first name or last name.

Heh!

My real name's Tuesday. After I was born the nurse handed me to my parents
who looked at me, then at each other and my Dad said "I think we should call
it a day".