guitar through PC - only get one channel

Old August 10th 03, 01:01 PM
Capt Scroggins

Or just set your soundcard input to record just the left channel and record
in mono and then duplicate the track and pan it. I had the same problem,
thought that if I had a stereo jack it would record in stereo, but it's a
mono device.

"Shepİ" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:06:58 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
"Dave" wrote :

Either that or buy a cheapo mixer..

Good call and the best solution.Thanks for reminding me

"Shepİ" wrote in message
news
On 6 Aug 2003 14:36:47 -0700, In this world we created
(Mike8414) wrote :

I'm trying to run my strat through my PC.

I plug the guitar into my amp.
I run from the headphone out on the amp into the line-in on my
Soundblaster Live Value soundcard using a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

The problem is I only get sound from the left channel.

I originally used a stereo to stereo 1/4 - 1/8 adapter, so I thought
that might be the problem.

I'm trying a mono to mono 1/4 - 1/8 adapter, but still have the same
problem.

How do I get my guitar to come out of both channels??
Mike

Get the 1/4" lead out of the git and get a stereo 3.5 jack for the
line-in and tie the two channels together with a couple of wires onto
the 3.5 and the earth as normal so it feeds into the sound card
line-in in mono but across both stereo channels e.g make your own
lead.Panning and stereo image can be applied later.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Old August 27th 03, 06:10 PM
Camille-Fleur

Mono from the amp, stereo into pc
"Toe" wrote in message

No No......NOOOOO ...ok i just discovered this so I will try to be
calm but go here and get this software and you wont need an amp!! You
will also get stereo chorus and delay....I swear my pc sounds like my
old marshall half stack with a full analog effects kit....its
awsome...I cant stop playing.......
http://www.guitar-fxbox.com/