Paperport's Formtyper does not save to Paperport Desktop

Old May 15th 04, 01:01 AM
jberger

Default Paperport's Formtyper does not save to Paperport Desktop

One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her Paperport
Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the Paperport
Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find any
"fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
appreciated.
Thanks.
--Jerry Berger

Old May 15th 04, 01:40 AM
Tumbleweed

"jberger" wrote in message
One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her Paperport
Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the

Paperport
Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find any
"fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
appreciated.
Thanks.
--Jerry Berger

You could try asking whoever makes this product, or the technical suport at
your office?
Its not a Windows XP feature.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old May 15th 04, 12:43 PM
Elector

"jberger" wrote in message
One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her

Paperport
Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the

Paperport
Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find

any
"fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
appreciated.
Thanks.
--Jerry Berger

http://www.scansoft.com makes the Paperport product in question. It
would be that the version she is using is not compatible with Windows
XP. I believe versions 8-10 function well with XP.

The new version is supposed to be able to do Adobe documents but I did
not try it out yet.

Also to use form typer the document must have been scanned at 200-300
DPI or it will not function.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Old May 17th 04, 04:33 PM
jberger

"Elector" wrote in message

"jberger" wrote in message
[...]

Unfortunately, this does not help because I already tried everything I
could. The Scansoft website does not have anything useful and I'm not at
that point to pay for tech support. But, thanks, just the same.

Old May 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Elector

"jberger" wrote in message
"Elector" wrote in message

"jberger" wrote in message
[...]

Jerry, First off what is the version of your co-workers paperport
program? As I said before not all versions work with XP, also you may
have tried to get the scan to go at a lower resolution but that will
not scan properly.

There is a few patches at the Scansoft site after you use the radio or
drop down boxes to say what version your using and what OS your using.
After they are loaded the updates should be OK.

Also you may have to remove the program (un-install it and then
re-install it which seems to help) then try the form typer feature
again.

Elector

Old May 17th 04, 10:27 PM
jberger

"Elector" wrote in message

"jberger" wrote in message
"Elector" wrote in message

"jberger" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I'll pass the info to my co-worker and check it out myself when I
find the opportunity.
--Jerry