Battery dyeing question

Old November 1st 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default Battery dyeing question

I suspect my battery is heading bye bye as it lasts a little less on a full
charge now.

But, does anyone have an idea how long the symptoms last?? I know it lasts
until the battery totally dies,but by this I mean: I am hesitant to buy a
new battery now if I will get 6 more good months out of this battery.

Right now, my battery can hold a charge for say almost 2 hours, compared to
almost 3 hours when new. Let's say I can tolerate it if it holds a charge
for almost one hour. How long might this take (figuring I go through a
complete charge/discharge once a day)

I've had my laptop (Inspiron 2200) for 14 months.

Mel

Old November 1st 06, 04:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

should last ok for another 8 mos.
when it gets to around 15 mins charge, then you have time to bring
another battery in.
it all comes down to how useful the battery is to you if it cant hold a
charge long enough for you to work.

batteries are all made to last a finite amount of discharge cycles and a
overall operating life of about 3 years.