Xp2000+ core voltage?

Old July 21st 03, 02:31 AM
Jerry McBride

Default Xp2000+ core voltage?

A question for you guys...

I've got an MSI ULTRA 2 KT3 that I'd like to raise the core voltage of the
processor. The processor, an XP2000+, is unlocked and responds quite nicely to
fsb and multiplier changes via bios.

However, whatever I change the core voltage to, it does not actually get
changed. It remains at around 1.70, no matter what setting I stick into the
bios. This is the first time I've seen this in MSI motherboards.

So, I gotta ask... if I opened or closed all the L11 bridges, would the vcore
then be programmable via the bios? If so, which way do I do it, open them or
close them?

Thanks in advance.

Old July 21st 03, 04:02 AM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:31:45 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

So, I gotta ask... if I opened or closed all the L11 bridges, would the vcore
then be programmable via the bios? If so, which way do I do it, open them or
close them?

Opening the bridge lowers the voltage. All closed equals 1.85v. There some
very detailed info here.

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table

Old July 21st 03, 04:26 AM
Jerry McBride

Wes Newell wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:31:45 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

So, I gotta ask... if I opened or closed all the L11 bridges, would the
vcore then be programmable via the bios? If so, which way do I do it,
open them or close them?

Opening the bridge lowers the voltage. All closed equals 1.85v. There some
very detailed info here.

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table

I appreciate the wisdom, Wes. However I was hopeing to be able to get the
changes via the bios.

Thanks again.

--

************************************************** ****************************
Registered Linux User Number 185956
Old July 21st 03, 06:50 AM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:26:25 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

Wes Newell wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:31:45 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

So, I gotta ask... if I opened or closed all the L11 bridges, would the
vcore then be programmable via the bios? If so, which way do I do it,
open them or close them?

Opening the bridge lowers the voltage. All closed equals 1.85v. There some
very detailed info here.

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table

I appreciate the wisdom, Wes. However I was hopeing to be able to get the
changes via the bios.

So your bios changes aren't working. I don't think a default voltage
change would fix that. More than likely a jumper or switch setting on the
MB. Although some boards will only allow you to go .2v over default. If
you have a DLT cpu that might be the case here. Then changing the default
would allow it to go higher. However, if it's locked at 1.70v and won't go
up or down, then it's probably a board setting.

Celeron core voltage dj Overclocking 3 January 21st 05 04:51 PM
Upping core voltage on 9800 Pro/XT Neil Overclocking 13 August 1st 04 07:31 PM
What's the default core voltage for an AMD XP 3200+? +c0re- Overclocking 15 July 4th 04 05:59 PM
ABIT AI7 (Springdale) - NB/AGP Core Voltage? Wayne Youngman Overclocking 7 April 24th 04 03:44 PM
Max Temperature David Hansen Overclocking 11 February 21st 04 07:00 AM