Quad Cpu Mobo with Dual Core CPUS how fast would that be ?

Old June 16th 04, 03:44 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Default Quad Cpu Mobo with Dual Core CPUS how fast would that be ?

"neopolaris" . wrote in message ...
Get off your lazy ass a google for some info. SEARCH something-anything.
Be a man and actually start providing answers and not questions. I

haven't
been on here in weeks and here ya are asking the same lame crap. You know
there is an internet right?

Huh, there's a such thing as the World Wide Web? The net.
Cool, how does that work?
Oh wait, with systems like he's asking about, in large Rack Mount systems.
Some are 2 Tb's Some are as much as 10 TB or more.
To answer his dumb question, if it's Xeon, Dual cpu = Four CPU's
One Logical CPU for each physical CPU
So four on one board would = 8 CPU's
If I remember right, back when I started learning a little
more about Windows,, as in 2000 & XP the OS's are made for up to 8 CPU's
or something like that.
I remember wondering why the support for so many CPU's when, and I didn't
know this
When there's only Dual boards out on market. I didn't know about Quad MB's
at the time.
When I did know about them, I didn't really know what HT was really.

Do yourself a favor, & us, look it up!!!
You can do it just as well as I can, or do your fingers have minds of their
own?
Denny. :-( I use to think u were cool, the only time I cross post, is when
it's relevant to
more then one group, Hyper Threading is more for the group that don't end
with AMD
It's more of an Intel question. ppl here don't need to know I'm running a
P4 2.6 GHz @ 2.99
For only one thing, to overclock the ram further for the added bandwidth
for encoding.
So when I post a question, it has something more to do with my xp 2.2+
running @ 1.18
@ 2800+ Stable, yes.
of which I did cross post this dumb reply to. I took off all the rest.

Old June 16th 04, 03:52 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

running @ 1.18 (((2.18))) Oops...