Anyone heard of Ebuyer? Returns advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8th 04, 12:02 PM
Phöènix

Default Anyone heard of Ebuyer? Returns advice

I am sitting here smelling the coffee mulling over a problem, that my friend
has just about got over, wondering if there may not still be someone with a
useful last ditch suggestion.

My friend asked her husband to buy her an item from Ebuyer for christmas
which he dutifully did. Unfortunately I had been unable to find the item on
ebuyer due to Ebuyers misspelling. I did come a cross the item just after he
had ordered and realised it may not have the required spec. I left a message
on her phone to the effect about which she did nothing.

If my call had been returned I would have urged him/her to send a cancelling
e-mail in case they did decided to DSR the item.

Suffice to say they waited until after christmas (maybe twenty days after
purchase), found the spec was under requirement. They spent about well over
£300 with Ebuyer of which this item was £150. They asked if they can return
this unopened item at their own cost and purchase the next model up (for
around £180) instead.

They have not received a helpful response.

I guess that is the end of the matter unless the item turns out to be faulty
or unless someone has a suggestion.

I am not sure of the exact correspondence, just that nothing useful has come
of it.

Ebuyer obviously took the marketing option over xmas not to act like many
high st stores, and the likes of Amazon, with respect to extended returns
periods. My friend was a bit naive and ignorant and has paid the price. BUT
it does seem daft that Ebuyer be so willing to lose a customer and gain
further negative references when the option to upgrade the item at the
customers cost would have had a very different result and promoted positive
feedback.

I'm sure this isn't the first or even the thousandth time that Ebuyer have
been accused of needlessly being their own worst enemy wrt customer
relations.

The items sells on Ebay for around £140 inc delivery and the replacement can
be sourced from elsewhere cheaper than Ebuyer so the loss may not be too
bad, just annoying and inconvenient.