Overclocking help

Old June 23rd 04, 06:36 PM
Godfather

Default Overclocking help

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ on a motherboard ASUS A7V600-X with 512MB 400 DDR.

I want to overclock my AMD, but I don't know how. And what's the maximum
overclock that I can do?

Old June 23rd 04, 08:54 PM
James

XP processors aren't 64 bit, i think your posting to the wrong group

Old June 23rd 04, 09:47 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:36:01 +0000, Godfather wrote:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ on a motherboard ASUS A7V600-X with 512MB 400 DDR.

I want to overclock my AMD, but I don't know how. And what's the maximum
overclock that I can do?

multiplier x FSB = cpu speed. How far it will overclock depends on many
factors.

Old June 25th 04, 01:02 PM
Ben Pope

Godfather wrote:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ on a motherboard ASUS A7V600-X with 512MB 400 DDR.

I want to overclock my AMD, but I don't know how. And what's the maximum
overclock that I can do?

This is the AMD64 newsgroup.

Try the AMD overclocking one:
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Ben

Old June 25th 04, 07:37 PM
Daniel P

Don't encourge this cross posting

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2004.06.23.20.48.21.401384@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:36:01 +0000, Godfather wrote:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ on a motherboard ASUS A7V600-X with 512MB 400 DDR.

I want to overclock my AMD, but I don't know how. And what's the maximum
overclock that I can do?

multiplier x FSB = cpu speed. How far it will overclock depends on many
factors.

AMD overclocking and semperon 3100s [email protected] General 0 November 24th 04 01:02 PM
6800 Ultra overclocking - XFX? PNY? eVGA? BFG? Marc Brown General 2 September 29th 04 04:50 PM
Looking for some medium-to-extreme overclocking advice Cyde Weys General 4 July 2nd 04 04:03 AM
Overclocking Question Bogdan General 5 January 12th 04 03:38 PM
The Truth about Dividers and Multipliers and why My fourth graderknows more about OverClocking than me... Aaron Dinkin General 2 December 30th 03 09:16 PM