How do I set my new AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 333FSB to 333FBS on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo (and other questions)? TIA!

Old December 18th 03, 10:45 PM
Dunny Rummy

Default How do I set my new AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 333FSB to 333FBS on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo (and other questions)? TIA!

Beefing up my machine but need some help for optimal settings in BIOS
for my new CPU and memory settings
I might mention one of my 512s' is a 2100 while the other one is a
2700 (backwards compatible). I plan to replace the 2100 with a 512 MB
PC2700 DDR some time later.
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+ 1.92GHz
1023MB DDR

CPU Properties:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1921 MHz (5.75 x 334) 2600+
CPU Alias Barton
L1 Code Cache 64 KB
L1 Data Cache 64 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info:
Package Type 453 Pin PGA
Package Size 4.95 cm x 4.95 cm
Transistors 54.3 million
Process Technology 6Mi, 0.13 um, CMOS, Cu
Die Size 101 mm2
Core Voltage 1.65 V
I/O Voltage 1.6 V
Typical Power 53.7 - 60.4 W (depending on clock speed)
Maximum Power 68.3 - 76.8 W (depending on clock speed)
Memory Slot 1/3:
[ 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM ]

Memory Module Properties:
Serial Number None
Module Size 512 MB (1 rows, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC2700 (166 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh
Highest CAS Latency 2.5 (6.0 ns @ 166 MHz)
2nd Highest CAS Latency 2.0 (7.5 ns @ 133 MHz)

Memory Module Features:
Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported
Auto-Precharge Not Supported
Precharge All Not Supported
Write1/Read Burst Not Supported
Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Differential Clock Input Supported
Redundant Row Address Not Supported
Memory Slot 3/3:

[ Infineon HYS64D64020GU-7 ]

Memory Module Properties:
Module Name Infineon HYS64D64020GU-7
Serial Number None
Module Size 512 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC2100 (133 MHz)
Highest CAS Latency 2.5 (7.5 ns @ 133 MHz)
2nd Highest CAS Latency 2.0 (10.0 ns @ 100 MHz)

Old December 19th 03, 07:50 AM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:45:51 +0000, Dunny Rummy wrote:

Beefing up my machine but need some help for optimal settings in BIOS
for my new CPU and memory settings
I might mention one of my 512s' is a 2100 while the other one is a
2700 (backwards compatible). I plan to replace the 2100 with a 512 MB
PC2700 DDR some time later.
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+ 1.92GHz
1023MB DDR

Ok, what you need to do is to sell all your ram on ebay and then order
some fast ram. To be safe, I'd get PC3700 minimum. Now oncew you have
that, start raising the FSB. Run ram and FSB in sync. The defaulty
multiplier for your cpu is 11.5. Lower that to 10-11. Run FSB at 190-210,
11x200=2200MHz. A good setting.