wierd IDE cable p/n needed

Old September 8th 04, 03:24 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Default wierd IDE cable p/n needed

Hey Troops ...

I just picked up a 6400R for a song. It didnt have a CDROM drive, and I
found a combo floppy/CD from a DL580 so I picked it up. Neither the system,
nor the drive combo came with the tiny little cable that takes a normal
IDE40 pin header, and bends it to a micro IDE40 cable. Big40 = Male, micro40
= female.

Does anyone know that partnumber for this little bugger?

Many thanks,

LC

Old September 8th 04, 03:30 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Correction:

IDE40 to a smaller 50pin

Not unlike this:

&rd=1

- LC

Old September 8th 04, 04:22 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:

http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx

jus thought i would share...

-LC

news

Old September 8th 04, 05:58 AM
Larry

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:

http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx

jus thought i would share...

-LC

Boy that thing is weird. So it puts power on a couple pins on the cable?

I don't recall seeing that in any of our 6500r servers.

If you're not in a hurry, I'd put the part number on Ebay under your
'favorites' search. Sooner or later you'll get an email that one has been
listed.

Larry

Old September 8th 04, 06:30 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Well, I wouldnt say im in a "hurry", but I do want to build this beast out
and get it online ....

Daddy needs a new Exchange 2003 server, ya know ?

I requested a quote ... cant imagine it will be TOO much.

- LC

Old September 8th 04, 06:48 AM
Larry

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
Well, I wouldnt say im in a "hurry", but I do want to build this beast out
and get it online ....

Daddy needs a new Exchange 2003 server, ya know ?

I requested a quote ... cant imagine it will be TOO much.

When you leave yourself open like that, you KNOW the price will be high. :-)

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old September 9th 04, 10:20 PM
Eugene

Larry wrote:

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
actually ... this appears to be exactly what i need:

http://www.trademoon.com/Product47303.aspx

jus thought i would share...

-LC

Boy that thing is weird. So it puts power on a couple pins on the cable?

I don't recall seeing that in any of our 6500r servers.

If you're not in a hurry, I'd put the part number on Ebay under your
'favorites' search. Sooner or later you'll get an email that one has been
listed.

Larry

Its basically a desktop to laptop IDE adapter. Laptop hard disks have 44
pins, the normal 40 and power, laptop cdrom drives have the normal 40,
power and audio on a 50pin connector and there are now a couple different
standards of laptop cd-rom IDE as well.