Proliant 1600 second CPU ?

Old January 18th 04, 09:35 PM
Dirk

Default Proliant 1600 second CPU ?

Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Old January 18th 04, 11:11 PM
Conny

"Dirk" skrev i meddelandet
Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

No must be same speed and bus speed...

Old January 19th 04, 12:15 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

Do you have the processor card for that? the thing that holds the CPU and
VRM ? If not, i have one for you... cheap.

LC

Old January 19th 04, 11:16 AM
Dirk

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:15:11 -0600, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:

"Conny" wrote in message

"Dirk" skrev i meddelandet
Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

No must be same speed and bus speed...

Thank you for the reply.
Kind regards,
Dirk

Do you have the processor card for that? the thing that holds the CPU and
VRM ? If not, i have one for you... cheap.

LC

Yes I have, otherwise I would never start such an upgrade.
Dirk

Old November 13th 04, 06:24 PM
rat173rd

Dirk Wrote:
Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have a Proliant 1600 server with just (1) PII 450Mhz, would you b
willing to sell your PII 450? E-mail me at if you
interested...Thanks, Joh

--
rat173rd
Old November 14th 04, 12:52 AM
Conny

"rat173rd" skrev i meddelandet

Dirk Wrote:
Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have a Proliant 1600 server with just (1) PII 450Mhz, would you be
willing to sell your PII 450? E-mail me at if your
interested...Thanks, John

--
rat173rd

I also have a 450 mhz with 100 mhz bus-speed, resides in a Proliant 3000,
the box only have motherboard and CPU. I was about to get it running but I
could not get any SDRAM ECC memory for it.