Driver language

Old June 27th 03, 02:16 PM
Torgeir Holm

Default Driver language

I'm in Norway, but my both system and all my applications are in english.

However, Detonator 43.03 insists on installing norwegian control
panels/drivers. First of all, all the lines in the properties dialog are too
long now, and second of all I have no idea what all these translations are
supposed to be (I know the english terminology, not the "invented" norwegian
one). And lastly, it just looks damn silly to have one norwegian window on
an english system.

Is there any way to get the driver to install in english?

--
Torgeir Holm

Old June 27th 03, 02:56 PM
Steven

Torgeir Holm wrote:
I'm in Norway, but my both system and all my applications are in english.

However, Detonator 43.03 insists on installing norwegian control
panels/drivers. First of all, all the lines in the properties dialog are too
long now, and second of all I have no idea what all these translations are
supposed to be (I know the english terminology, not the "invented" norwegian
one). And lastly, it just looks damn silly to have one norwegian window on
an english system.

Is there any way to get the driver to install in english?

You only need to delete the Norwegian lingo file and the nvidia driver will
default to English! -
just search your windows/system folder for files named nvrs??.dll - These are
the lingo files where
nvrshu.dll is the hungarian one. I guess your file should be the nvrsno.dll
which you can just delete or rename.

Old June 27th 03, 04:29 PM
Torgeir Holm

"Steven" wrote in message

You only need to delete the Norwegian lingo file and the nvidia driver

will
default to English! -
just search your windows/system folder for files named nvrs??.dll - These

are
the lingo files where
nvrshu.dll is the hungarian one. I guess your file should be the

nvrsno.dll
which you can just delete or rename.

Thanks!
Removing nvrsno.dll did the trick!

--
Torgeir

Old June 27th 03, 04:38 PM
Torgeir Holm

Torgeir Holm wrote:
"Steven" wrote in message

You only need to delete the Norwegian lingo file and the nvidia
driver will default to English! -
just search your windows/system folder for files named nvrs??.dll -
These are the lingo files where
nvrshu.dll is the hungarian one. I guess your file should be the
nvrsno.dll which you can just delete or rename.

Thanks!
Removing nvrsno.dll did the trick!

But the desktop manager is still norwegian!! I guess that's another DLL..

--
Torgeir

Old June 27th 03, 05:01 PM
Steven

Torgeir Holm wrote:
Torgeir Holm wrote:
"Steven" wrote in message

You only need to delete the Norwegian lingo file and the nvidia
driver will default to English! -
just search your windows/system folder for files named nvrs??.dll -
These are the lingo files where
nvrshu.dll is the hungarian one. I guess your file should be the
nvrsno.dll which you can just delete or rename.

Thanks!
Removing nvrsno.dll did the trick!

But the desktop manager is still norwegian!! I guess that's another DLL..

I was explicitly talking about the Nvidia driver interface - since u have a
Norwegian (localised?) OS you just cant switch to another desktop
lingo....Microsoft is still refusing to implement such an tool.

Old June 27th 03, 06:17 PM
Torgeir Holm

Steven wrote:
But the desktop manager is still norwegian!! I guess that's another
DLL..

I was explicitly talking about the Nvidia driver interface - since u
have a Norwegian (localised?) OS you just cant switch to another
desktop lingo....Microsoft is still refusing to implement such an
tool.

Well, everything except the keyboard layout and the timezone is english. I
run the standard english Win2000 Pro, not a norwegian version. So it seems
kind of silly to be forced to use a different language for this.

--
Torgeir

Old June 27th 03, 06:31 PM
Torgeir Holm

PhippsZor wrote:
When I update to an international driver, I delete the following
files in Windows folder:

nvcp*.* (but not nvcpl.hlp, nvcpl.dll)
nvrs*.*
nvwcp*.* (but not nvwcplen.hlp)
nvwrs*.*

And I become the english version of the driver.

Thanks,

Everything is english now. They should provide an english only download. I
just deleted 22MB of language dlls.

--
Torgeir