Leadtek TV2000XP Capture Card

Old June 25th 03, 02:04 PM
Adrian Blundell

Default Leadtek TV2000XP Capture Card

Is anyone having trouble installing the Drivers for this Card onto
a Windows XP System ?

My System will not accept the Drivers as XP Compatible; I have
tried both the CD Drivers and those downloaded from the Leadtek
Site.

Adrian

Old June 25th 03, 03:08 PM
John Russell

"Adrian Blundell" wrote in message
.. .
Is anyone having trouble installing the Drivers for this Card onto
a Windows XP System ?

My System will not accept the Drivers as XP Compatible; I have
tried both the CD Drivers and those downloaded from the Leadtek
Site.

Adrian

I though the only Nvidia TV tuner was the little external box that comes
with certain mutimedia packages?

As for drivers in general. Some devices do not have XP drivers, but
recommend using NT or 2000 drivers. The problem is that these may not have
an installer in the root directory of the CD. Then XP only finds the 9x/me
driver and rightly states it not compatible. You have to state your going to
select which driver to install, and then browse the cd until you find a NT
or 2000 directory.

Old June 25th 03, 11:47 PM
Cliff

Haven't got this card, but I'm on the verge of getting it.

Try checking http://www.dvdrhelp.com/capturecards and search for tv2000
xp...about 90 reviews there.

A number of people have it working with XP, but there does seems to be a
trick...

This card works great. Except for the driver installations. DO NOT INSTALL
USING THE CD!!! You have to let Windows find the "new hardware" and install
by directing it to the Driver directory. The instructions are on the
website.

HTH, Cliff

PS http://www.leadtek.com.tw/support/do...p?pronameid=82 has a PDF
document 'TV 2000 XP Driver Installation guide" that may be of use.

Old June 26th 03, 07:16 AM
@lias

Use the drivers off the site, the ones on the CD aren't high quality.

Neither the latest nor CD drivers are signed XP drivers, when XP gives you the
option to Stop or Continue the installation, just select Continue. If you don't
get this option then you have to go to the Control Panel System Hardware
Driver Signing and change the option to either Ignore or Warn.

Old June 26th 03, 08:20 PM
bubipoo

i have this card running on xp pro ok. use updated drivers, don't use
drivers off the cd.
initially it cause me a bit of gief but now i'm very happy with it.
regards
darren