Want dual head, great 3D, full Linux support

Old June 26th 03, 04:26 AM
Paul

Default Want dual head, great 3D, full Linux support

i have a fx 5600 for sale cheap 256 ddr
"Keith Clark" wrote in message
news
So am I dreaming, or is it possible?

I'm building a new system, coming from a Matrox G400 currently (which has
rather poor GL performance).

I want to play games under Windows 2000, and be able to use all the
dual-head features and hardware GL support in Linux.

I heard There were some cards that did some or all of these things but I'm
having trouble finding one.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

Old June 26th 03, 05:11 AM
Keith Clark

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:22:33 +0000, KSlater wrote:

Well I know that my TI4200 works good with Mandrake linux without special
drivers. I have not tried Quake yet but 3D seems to be working.

Thanks! I was just looking at some benchmarks of the 4200 vs the 4400/4600
based cards on Anandtech. The 4200's are pretty reasonably priced, the
corner store (literally, 4 blocks from my house) has MSI cards, Ti4200
based for just over a hundred bucks, which seems really reasonable.

Which version of XFree86 are you running, 4.3?

Are you using it in Xinerama? Does nVidia give you a configuration tool or
do you need to tweak XF86Config by hand (that's one area where Matrox has
me spoiled).

Thanks again,
Keith

Kyle

Old June 28th 03, 12:53 AM
KSlater

I haven't tryed tweaking too much yet so I can't answer that. Nor do I know
for sure if the Dual head part works. I have an MSI card myself. but am
looking to upgrade to the FX 5900 hopefully.

Kyle