4.9 Beta catalysts...Blue screen of death

Old August 6th 04, 03:33 AM
Robert Jackson

Default 4.9 Beta catalysts...Blue screen of death

I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into XP
with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
have this problem or know why it's happening?

thx

Old August 6th 04, 10:30 AM
Cannonfodder

"Robert Jackson" wrote in message
.. .
I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into

XP
with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
have this problem or know why it's happening?

thx

no problem here m8, seen a vast visual improvement in Doom 3 and these
drivers.

'fodder

---
Outgoing mail is free from nasty things that can make your computer go all
wibbly.

Old August 6th 04, 01:36 PM
Highlandish

Quoth The Raven "Robert Jackson" in

I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots
into XP with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine.
Anyone else have this problem or know why it's happening?

thx

have you tried a file called driver cleaner? it completely removes all files
from ATI (and other companies at will) and then you can install 4.9 cleanly

--
If you have x-ray vision, and you can see through anything, wouldn't
you see through everything and actually see nothing?

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Old August 6th 04, 01:53 PM
Dreamaker

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:30:28 +0100, "Cannonfodder" wrote:

"Robert Jackson" wrote in message
. ..
I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into

XP
with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
have this problem or know why it's happening?

thx

whit the 4.9 version i do get a message that ask me to remove the floppy disk when i boot but there
is no floppy. so a got to use the space bar and the system can boot ???

i dont know if it's related but it's make me !@!T .