9800 pro only gets a score of 3800 in 3dmark03

Old July 2nd 04, 11:16 AM
Gordon Scott

Default 9800 pro only gets a score of 3800 in 3dmark03

Hi

Well I thought I'd spec my new AIW 9800 pro, sitting in a A7N8X deluxe
rev2 bios 1007with a Athlon XP 3200+ 400fsb running at 2.37 with 768megs
of OCZ pc3200EL ram.
System is clocked at 11 x 211 stable running prime95 for 12 hrs.

My 3dmark03 was in and around 3800, I was choked, its a fresh XP pro
install.
Even OC the video card with ATI Tool 401core and 378mem didnt do much
better.

Seems like i should be up in the 5000 area.

Advice?

thx
Gordon
Old July 2nd 04, 11:22 AM
Tom

Have you installed the nvidia chipset drivers.
what video drivers are you using..

Old July 2nd 04, 01:16 PM
maniac

Gordon Scott wrote:

Seems like i should be up in the 5000 area.

It should be ~6000.
You may have bough 128 bit R9800 Pro. I'm sorry. ;p

--
maniac(at)chello.pl
BP Bemowo Team
Old July 2nd 04, 01:18 PM
maniac

Kill Bill wrote:

Turn off V-sync?

3DMark turns off V-Sync by itself. )

--
maniac(at)chello.pl
BP Bemowo Team

Old July 2nd 04, 01:56 PM
Kill Bill

"maniac" wrote in message
Kill Bill wrote:

Turn off V-sync?

3DMark turns off V-Sync by itself. )

--
maniac(at)chello.pl
BP Bemowo Team

No it doesn't.

Old July 2nd 04, 03:33 PM
Inglo

On 7/2/2004 5:27 AM Runar brightened our day with:

Have you set 3D setup to custom and checked Application Preference on both
AA and AF?

That happens to me all the time, I have AA and AF cranked in the CP and
wonder why my score's so low. Always check first or use Radlinker so
3DMark always starts with the same settings.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

- Inigo Montoya
Steve [Inglo]
Old July 2nd 04, 03:40 PM
maniac

Kill Bill wrote:

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. You can even choose between V-Sync ON and V-Sync OFF in the
Settings tab. ;p

--
maniac(at)chello.pl
BP Bemowo Team

Old July 2nd 04, 04:32 PM
Inglo

On 7/2/2004 7:40 AM maniac brightened our day with:

Kill Bill wrote:

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. You can even choose between V-Sync ON and V-Sync OFF in the
Settings tab. ;p

If you have it forced "Always On" in the Control Panel it will override
the apps settings. In the same way though the default 3DMark03 test is
run at AF 4x and AA off if you have those forced higher in the CP the
test will be run that way.
Now, I think 3DMark03 does somehow prevent you from using lower
settings, turning down AF, for example. But you can have things forced
on in the CP and it will definitely lower your score.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

- Inigo Montoya
Steve [Inglo]

what settings for 3dmark03 score? Highlandish Ati Videocards 10 June 24th 04 01:37 AM
3DMark03 Score Brian Ati Videocards 8 June 21st 04 09:19 PM
3DMark2001se score of 13,000 on a 9800 Pro? Chrisr Ati Videocards 8 February 8th 04 10:02 PM
9800 Pro Benchmark Score??? Jamez Ati Videocards 9 December 17th 03 04:33 PM
Radeon 9800 pro, 3.5 drivers, 3dmark03 = 5090 ?? Todd Richert Ati Videocards 9 June 25th 03 04:38 AM