GA-7DPXDW-P Does Not Boot

Old August 23rd 03, 08:03 AM
rob

Default GA-7DPXDW-P Does Not Boot

Hello All,

I just bought a new GA-7dPXDW-P. I have installed one of my old working 1GB
buffered ECC modules, both MP1900+ and a ATI 8500. Also I connected the cpu
cooler/fan, the power on/off, reset, and speaker connectors. My power supply
is the Turbo-Cool 425 ATX. Now when I try to start up that system (for now I
just want to get to the BIOS so no HD or anything else is connected) the
fans go on for like 5 seconds. Then they shut down and the red LED goes on
indicating overheating problems. By default this protection should not be
set. Also the cpu are still cold so that LED comes on for some different
reason. Has anybody experienced the same problem? What's the solution for
that problem? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Rob

Old August 23rd 03, 09:21 AM
rob

I have the following observations to add:

1) Correction. The fans don't go on for 5 seconds but more like 1 second

2) When I remove the memory module, i.e. only the two cpus plus fan are
connected the same problem occurs, that is the LED indicating overheating
goes on. So the system doesn't even get so far to check if there is any
memory installed at all.

3) When either of the two cpus is inserted in socket 0 and no cpu is
inserted in socket 1 then still the same error occurs.

4) If I remove both cpus and the ram the fans stay on. After a short while
an alarm goes on.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Rob

. net...