GA-7VA keeps powering off

Old August 21st 03, 06:27 PM
JohnD

Default GA-7VA keeps powering off

Update, I managed to get the board to POST with all cards on the
board, but only with the CPU fan pulled out. As soon as I connect the
cpu fan then board **** down after 3 seconds of power.

"JohnD" wrote in message
I bought a new pre-built PC with contained a GA7VA (rev1). When I press

the
power switch the board automatically turns off after 3 seconds. Pressing
the power button again does nothing, however the memory led on the corner

of
the board stays on.
Is this a known problem with the board, or is it RMA time.

XP2400+
256MB PC2700
80GB HD
GF5600
CDRW
DVD

Old August 21st 03, 08:51 PM
JohnD

Just in case anyone has the same problem, the culprit turned out to be a
cheap 350watt Aquarius PSU. I replaced it with a 300watt sparkle PSU and the
system posted and is working fine.