8inXP and low 3DMark03 Results

Old July 27th 03, 11:08 PM
Monster

Default 8inXP and low 3DMark03 Results

Hello,

I have the following,,,
Mainboard: Gigabyte 8INXP (latest drivers)
CPU: P-4 2.8
Graphics: Creative Blaster 5 FX5200 Ultra (128mb) (latest drivers)
RAM: 512 2100 (Crucial Technologies)
CD-ROM: Plextor 16/10/40A
HDD: 120Gig Western Digital (8mb buffer)
Other PCI cards: Hauppauge Win Capure card
OS: Windows XP Pro

With 4 x case fans for good cooling.

No areas are overclocked and no problems getting things running.

I decided to do a performance check using 3DMark03 and I was some what
not happy with the results for this spec system at the side of some of
the other results I have seen.

I get a score between 1590 - 1595 max and was wondering how I can make
this better of or anyone knows the reasons for this..... i'm just
baseing this on what i've read and it ain't that good of score????

I'm wondering if this problem is related around the AGP on the board or
the graphics card.. I have checked out all the manufac's web sites and
nothing to help me.

Thanks for any help.
Old July 28th 03, 12:16 AM
Richard Dower

"Monster" wrote in message
[...]

That graphics card is crap, if you want proper 3D marks i suggest you get a
TI4200 or the latest generation FX5900 Ultra card.

Old July 28th 03, 02:40 AM
Ken

That Looks about right for your graphics card which is a sloooow card. A
gforce 4 ti 200 is faster than that card.

Ken