Single & Dual Channel on Memory Config.

Old January 31st 05, 06:29 AM
Paul

Default Single & Dual Channel on Memory Config.

In article , Helob
wrote:

I am running MemTest86+ V1.5 on DOS mode to test the 2 sticks of 512MB
memory config. as dual channel on my system
Mobo: P4P800 SE
As reported by MemTest86+
Pentium 4(0.09) 299MHz
L1 Cache: 16K 20969 MB/s
L2 Cache: 1024 16297 MB/s
Memory: 1023M 2726 MB/s
Chopset:Intel i848/i865 (ECCisabled) FSB:199MHz - PAT:Enabled
Settings: RAM:199 Mhz (DDR398) / CAS: 2.5-4-4-8/ Single Channel (64
bits)
Questions:
1. Settings show Single Channel. However I have configure to run as
dual channel. Is this normal?
2. How to I check and confirm whether the 2 sticks of memory are
running as dual channel?

Mem86+ ran all the 8 tests without problem.

TIA

If you look half way down this page, there are screen snapshots
from two programs: CPUZ and ctiaw

http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548

Try these out:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz
ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctiaw.zip

"configure to run as dual channel" means you are using sticks
having identical rows/columns/banks and amount of memory. The
sticks are placed in the same position number in each channel.
Like A2 & B2. If you have disabled the "Full Screen Logo" in
the BIOS, you might even see a declaration of "dual channel"
printed on the BIOS screen when the computer starts the
power on self test sequence.

HTH,
Paul
Old January 31st 05, 03:09 PM
Der Steppenwolf

Helob wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:29:47 -0500, (Paul) wrote:

In article , Helob
wrote:

[...]

Thanks. It did show as Channel# Dual in CPU-Z.

Just insert one stick in the first slot then insert stick nr 2 into slot
nr 3 and thats it. Providing that you mobo has 4 ram slots.