Blue Screen: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Old October 3rd 04, 02:20 AM
gasparov

Default Blue Screen: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,
I've searched to solve this problem but no solution so trying to
ask...
Whenever I Halt my system i got a blue screen as subject, on Windows
KB they say it could be an Antivirus or Drivers problem....the fact is
that a similar problem comes out in Linux too( no blue screen ),
term kill shut are fine but after Power Down nothing happens....I sent
to this group because the problem came out after switching to a sata
drive ( Maxtor and power max gives non errors in any test)and heard
that my p4p800 could have few problems with that...and what about the
power supply,is it possible that this particular switch (the one that
receive the power down signal) got broken???

P.S. Even tried MemTest86 , don't thing is a discharge problem
Old October 3rd 04, 02:27 AM
David H. Lipman

Go to the hard disk manufacturer's web site and download their diagnostic software
respective to your hard disk. After the test, you will know if the hard disk is bad or
not..

Quantum/Maxtor - PowerMax
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm

Western Digital - Data LifeGuard Tools (DLGDiag)
http://support.wdc.com/download/

Hitachi/IBM - Drive Fitness Test (DFT)
http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

Seagate - SeaTools
http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/

Fujitsu - Diagnostic Tool
http://www.fcpa.com/download/hard-drives/

Samsung - Disk manager
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Hard...ive/utilities/

Dave

om...

Old October 3rd 04, 08:09 PM
Luca Gasperini

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:27:29 +0000, David H. Lipman ha scritto:

Go to the hard disk manufacturer's web site and download their diagnostic software
respective to your hard disk. After the test, you will know if the hard disk is bad or
not..

Quantum/Maxtor - PowerMax
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm

"gasparov" wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|(Maxtor and power max gives non errors in any test)

Already tried...thx anyway
Old October 30th 04, 01:49 PM
Luca Gasperini

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:09:37 +0200, Luca Gasperini ha scritto:

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:27:29 +0000, David H. Lipman ha scritto:

Go to the hard disk manufacturer's web site and download their diagnostic software
respective to your hard disk. After the test, you will know if the hard disk is bad or
not..

Quantum/Maxtor - PowerMax
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm

"gasparov" wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|(Maxtor and power max gives non errors in any test)

Already tried...thx anyway

Come on no other news?
I tried to :
- change power supply with a new 450 W one---no results
- switching to previous bios and then coming back to last stable
one----no results
- checking if it was an hard disk problem by starting up system selectivly
with hard disk unplugged---- no results

Things not checked:
-MotherBord
-Cpu
-Ram ( not phisically , memtest86 full comes with no errors)

THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!

Most of all now even other computer in the same room doesn't switch off,
it is running win2000 and when i shut it down it gives no blue screen but
say " It's now safe to turn off your computer" like in old boxes

Is it a "flue"?
Old November 1st 04, 02:19 PM
Luca Gasperini

Il Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:49:07 +0200, Luca Gasperini ha scritto:

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:09:37 +0200, Luca Gasperini ha scritto:

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:27:29 +0000, David H. Lipman ha scritto:

Go to the hard disk manufacturer's web site and download their diagnostic software
respective to your hard disk. After the test, you will know if the hard disk is bad or
not..

Quantum/Maxtor - PowerMax
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm

"gasparov" wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|(Maxtor and power max gives non errors in any test)

Already tried...thx anyway

Come on no other news?
I tried to :
- change power supply with a new 450 W one---no results
- switching to previous bios and then coming back to last stable
one----no results
- checking if it was an hard disk problem by starting up system selectivly
with hard disk unplugged---- no results

Things not checked:
-MotherBord
-Cpu
-Ram ( not phisically , memtest86 full comes with no errors)

THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!

Most of all now even other computer in the same room doesn't switch off,
it is running win2000 and when i shut it down it gives no blue screen but
say " It's now safe to turn off your computer" like in old boxes

Is it a "flue"?

Problem solved switching to Gygabyte MotherBoard, now I can use my P4P800
as a nice alternative furniture

Thx everyone for helping