USB 2.0 on A7n8x deluxe NOT working HELP!!

Old November 8th 03, 09:17 AM
Mark Owens

Default USB 2.0 on A7n8x deluxe NOT working HELP!!

Hello All

I hope someone can help me.

Firstly heres my spec etc..

A7n8x Deluxe
2800+ Barton
1GB Crucial Ram
120GB Maxtor +9
Crucial Radeon 9800 pro
Windows XP SP1

I keep getting the message "High Speed Device plugged in to a Non High Speed
Port"
Windows then proceeds to tell me that I do have six high speed compatible
ports, and to unplug my device and plug it into one of the high speed ones.
I have tried ALL of the usb ports on the machine but it still comes up with
the same message when i connect the device to any of them.

If it was just the odd port or two then It might be a faulty board, but it's
all of them so I believe its a driver issue.
Everything in the system device area is showing as it should. Enhanced
controller etc.....

I am going to try one more patch which i spotted in another post,then
probably re-install SP1. After that I am going to try a separate usb 2.0
card.

If you have any ideas, I would be most gratefull

--
Regards

Mark

---

Old November 8th 03, 09:23 AM
Mark Smith

Have you tried a different USB device, and a different cable? Just a
troubleshooting tip.

Mark

.. .

Old November 9th 03, 03:07 AM
Malcom B

I've had the A7N8X for some time now and I am happy except there are some
problems with the USB ports on this board. When I try and use an external HD
(USB) my drive disappears when I try to copy multiple files and will
reappear only if I disconnect the drive and connect again. I know this is a
problem with this board. I have no problems with the same drive on other PCs
using the same OS.

.. .

"Mark Smith" wrote in message
Have you tried a different USB device, and a different cable? Just a
troubleshooting tip.

Mark

.. .

Old November 9th 03, 02:10 PM
Aussie

I'm sorry but i dont know where u got that idea from, as far as i'm concern
there is no USB problem with MY A7N8X-DX v2 board,
k/board,mouse,printer,scanner and my d/camera working flawlesly.Secondly i
wouldnt be HAPPY with ANY problem that associates with this rather expensive
board.I'd return it if i were u..

"Malcom B" wrote in message
I've had the A7N8X for some time now and I am happy except there are some
problems with the USB ports on this board. When I try and use an external

HD
(USB) my drive disappears when I try to copy multiple files and will
reappear only if I disconnect the drive and connect again. I know this is

problem with this board. I have no problems with the same drive on other

PCs
using the same OS.

.. .

"Mark Smith" wrote in message
Have you tried a different USB device, and a different cable? Just a
troubleshooting tip.

Mark

.. .