Where is the "New Compilation" Window in the OEM version of Nero supplied with a DVD Burner

Old February 4th 05, 05:10 PM

Default Where is the "New Compilation" Window in the OEM version of Nero supplied with a DVD Burner

have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.

I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
was following a guide found at
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp

This instruction requests , in Step 5a , that the "New Compilation"
Menu in Nero be accessed - this is the Menu where the following
selections should be made :-

Kind of emulation: No Emulation
Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
Number of loaded sectors: 4

....etc

I cannot find this "New Compilation" Menu in this Nero Suite.

I had this Menu in the Nero v 5.5 which came bundled with my
earlier-bought CD Burner , the LITE-ON LTR 401255 but this doesn't
seem to be included in the later supplied software.

Can anyone tell me how I can access such a section in this latest Nero
"Suite" please ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old February 4th 05, 09:43 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

wrote:

[...]

Open "Nero OEM". Do you get the New Compilation window and do you see
"CD-ROM (Boot)" icon in the left pane? If you do, selecting it will
automatically open up the Boot tab where you can select the above boot
settings.

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the following is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old February 5th 05, 10:30 PM

. --------------------------------------

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the reply.

I made an inaccurate statement in my OP when I described what the CD
contained which came with my DVD Burner.

Printed on the CD itself it states that it contains the following :-

DOS Driver,
Nero Express 6
INCD 4
NeroVision Express 2
Nero Backup
MPEG-2 SVCD/DVD Plug-in
DVD-Rewritable Drive
Manual
Acrobat Reader

It also states that it is "FOR DVD-REWRITERS ONLY" and also has the
words "OEM SUITE" & "NOT FOR RESALE"

When the CD is inserted and it runs it invites you to " Install OEM
Suite " When this is clicked it brings you to another page entitled
"Nero OEM Installation and a button called "Install Suite" which is
ganged to 3 others entitled "Nero Express,Nero Vision Express and Nero
Media Player" There are separate install buttons for INCD 4 , Easy
Write Reader and Contents + Templates.

I have clicked on the "ganged button" only so far and this results in
the following Folders appearing on my hard drive :-
Cover Designer,My Music,Nero,Nero BackitUp,Nero Sound Trax,Nero Start
Smart,Nero Toolkit,Nero Wave Editor, Nero Media Player,Nero Vision,
and WMPBurn.

There also appears a shortcut on the Desktop entitled "Nero
StartSmart" which , when clicked brings up a box with choices for DVD
and CD tasks and one of the latter is "Make Bootable Disk" I choose
this and am brought to a page entitled "Nero Express"Which asks you to
add data and then to click Next to add the files which will make the
CD bootable .

There are various other buttons but I cannot find any which will bring
me to the choices which were given in Nero v 5.5 i.e

Kind of emulation: No Emulation
Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
Number of loaded sectors: 4

These , as I said , were found in a "New Compilation" Window in that
version of Nero but I cannot find such a Window in this latest version
nor anywhere where those choices appear .

Could this be because such choices are now automatically employed when
the bootable files are added in this recent Nero Version and that it
is therefore unnecessary to manually select them as was the case in
v.5.5?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old February 6th 05, 01:55 AM
smh

wrote:

[...]

What you have is Nero Expresss. It is a simplified version of full
Nero, and most "expert" settings like the ones you are looking for are
not available. Your choice is to upgrade to full Nero 6 or update your
Nero 5 to 5.5.10.56 if your drive is supported.

Didn't find your drive here (but the table may not be up-to-date):
http://www.nero.com/us/recorders66.php

Nero 5.5.10.56:
http://www.nero.com/us/Update_Nero_Burning_ROM.html

Old February 6th 05, 03:22 PM

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:55:43 -0700, smh wrote:

What you have is Nero Expresss. It is a simplified version of full
Nero, and most "expert" settings like the ones you are looking for are
not available. Your choice is to upgrade to full Nero 6 or update your
Nero 5 to 5.5.10.56 if your drive is supported.

Didn't find your drive here (but the table may not be up-to-date):
http://www.nero.com/us/recorders66.php

Nero 5.5.10.56:
http://www.nero.com/us/Update_Nero_Burning_ROM.html

Thanks again for the help - much obliged.

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old February 7th 05, 11:38 AM
Alex Nichol

have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.

I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
was following a guide found at
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp

No - you need the main Nero and in New take CD (Boot) on the left.
Then you need the extracted boot sector(s) from your CD and Browse to
them (you may need to select All File Types to see the extension used)
and set the number of sectors of it to burn up to four sectors, and No
emulation. Then you make the i386 folder from the slipstream the
Compilation with any other folders from it as well at the top level,
and take 'Close CD (no more writing) when you burn

--
Alex Nichol
Bournemouth, U.K.