How high is too high for temps?

Old January 2nd 04, 02:59 AM
Broedie

Default How high is too high for temps?

Currently running a 2100+XP as a 2700+XP. Running @166Mhz buss at 13
multiplier. Vcore is at 1.7V. I have a moderately good CPU Fan
(Evercool EC-CUD-715) and MBM shows the following:
Case Temp-30
Socket Temp-34
Diode Temp-44

It is the diode temp that I am worried about. Under full load, it
will get up to 58 deg C. I want to change to 200Mhz @ 11 multiplier
and I need to up the Voltage to 1.75 to run rock solid. My diode
temps will get into the 60's under full load. Any issues? Thanks for
your help.
Old January 2nd 04, 04:31 AM
Roger M

Broedie wrote:

Currently running a 2100+XP as a 2700+XP. Running @166Mhz buss at 13
multiplier. Vcore is at 1.7V. I have a moderately good CPU Fan
(Evercool EC-CUD-715) and MBM shows the following:
Case Temp-30
Socket Temp-34
Diode Temp-44

It is the diode temp that I am worried about. Under full load, it
will get up to 58 deg C. I want to change to 200Mhz @ 11 multiplier
and I need to up the Voltage to 1.75 to run rock solid. My diode
temps will get into the 60's under full load. Any issues? Thanks for
your help.

I don't know for sure. I've had my Barton up to 70C before and it works
fine.

Roger

Old January 2nd 04, 02:39 PM
Lee

Hi

To my understanding the thermal diode is a sensor located on the processor
itself. My temps on an XP 1800+ running 1.9Ghz@180fsb with 1.85 vcore are
socket temp=38c and diode temp=36c on load running prime95 for around 5 min
they reach socket temp=42c and diode temp=40c. No idea why my diode temp
appears cooler than socket :-/ I am running with a koolance case volcano 7+
hsf 3x80mm case fans blowing hot air out and 1x80m internal fan (all came
with case

:
:It is the diode temp that I am worried about. Under full load, it
:will get up to 58 deg C. I want to change to 200Mhz @ 11 multiplier
:and I need to up the Voltage to 1.75 to run rock solid. My diode
:temps will get into the 60's under full load. Any issues? Thanks for
:your help.

-----
Lee.
Old January 7th 04, 01:00 AM
Lopaka

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi

No idea why my diode temp
appears cooler than socket :-/ I am running with a koolance case volcano

7+
hsf 3x80mm case fans blowing hot air out and 1x80m internal fan (all came
with case

Could just be a very good HSF installation from what I have read? Lo