moved drives, lost config: smart-2/p raid 1

Old October 28th 03, 01:56 AM
Michael Grigoni

Default moved drives, lost config: smart-2/p raid 1

Greetings:

We had two drives at ID 0 and 1 configured as RAID 1 on
a smart-2/p controller; I needed to work with this file
system from another o/s so I removed these drives (set
them aside) and installed two new drives in ID 0 and 1
and configured the controller for RAID 0 on them. I
then did an o/s install on this logical drive and later
reinstalled the two original drives in ID 2 and 3; the
old drives were recognized as a second logical drive
and I was able to mount that existing file system.

Now I need to return the original drives to their original
IDs but the controller complains that the drives have
been moved.

Can I use the ACU to rebuild the original configuration without
losing the data on the original array?

Proliant 5000, BIOS E16 04/30/99; SMART-2/P Rev B v4.48

All replies appreciated.

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum

IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
How Create SATA RAID 1 with current install? Mr Mister Asus Motherboards 8 July 25th 04 10:46 PM
P4P800DLX from non-raid to raid Splitskull Asus Motherboards 2 June 2nd 04 10:51 AM
help with motherboard choice S.Boardman General 30 October 20th 03 10:23 PM
With P4C800 Deluxe I don't need to add Ata Driver System? Fogar Asus Motherboards 7 June 27th 03 11:22 PM