win xp - can't install ati video drivers - access denied

Old March 9th 05, 03:46 AM

Default win xp - can't install ati video drivers - access denied

After running norton antivirus, my video driver was disabled. When I
tried to reinstall I got an "Access Denied" error. has anyone dealt
with this and how did you get passed this error? I'm seeing really bad
scrolling when reading documents and I need to reinstall the driver
pronto.

Don

Old March 9th 05, 07:48 AM
Lester Piglet

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

"First of One" wrote in message
Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive, like
AntiVir.

oups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 08:00 AM
Andrew

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:48:53 -0000, "Lester Piglet"
wrote:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

I haven't touched any of their products since I used a "disk
optimisation" program on a Windows 95 machine years ago. It optimised
it by corrupting *every* .EXE and .COM file on the disk. The newsgroup
messages I regularly see with problems related to their products don't
make me want to try them again.
Old March 9th 05, 03:13 PM
J. Clarke

Lester Piglet wrote:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

Same way Microsoft does. He with the biggest ad budget wins.

"First of One" wrote in message
Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive, like
AntiVir.

oups.com...

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old March 9th 05, 07:30 PM
The Chris

"Lester Piglet" wrote in news:422eaa65$0$26732
:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

"First of One" wrote in message
Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive,

like
AntiVir.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After running norton antivirus, my video driver was disabled. When I
tried to reinstall I got an "Access Denied" error. has anyone dealt
with this and how did you get passed this error? I'm seeing really

bad
scrolling when reading documents and I need to reinstall the driver
pronto.

Don

I guess I'm lucky - I have zero problems with my Norton Products....
Old March 9th 05, 07:59 PM
Barry Watzman

I also have zero problems with my Norton products and continue to
install and recommend Systemworks (Norton Utilities & Antivirus).

I do, however, think that as a general rule Symantec tends to buy
products, neglect them and "milk" them for cash flow. I really use and
need WinFax, but it hasn't been updated in about 4 years (since before
XP came out) and there are lot of problems with it in a modern XP system.

The Chris wrote:

"Lester Piglet" wrote in news:422eaa65$0$26732
:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

"First of One" wrote in message

Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive,

like

AntiVir.

egroups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 10:23 PM
The Chris

Barry Watzman wrote in news:422F569F.3040708
@neo.rr.com:

The Chris wrote:

"Lester Piglet" wrote in news:422eaa65$0$26732
:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

"First of One" wrote in message

Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive,

like

AntiVir.

wrote in message
legroups.com...

After running norton antivirus, my video driver was disabled. When

tried to reinstall I got an "Access Denied" error. has anyone dealt
with this and how did you get passed this error? I'm seeing really

bad

scrolling when reading documents and I need to reinstall the driver
pronto.

Don

I guess I'm lucky - I have zero problems with my Norton Products....

Whew - SystemWorks is one I wouldn't stand behind.... What a resource
hog...However, it does solve some issues. I guess when I think of
"Norton", I just think of 'Anti-Virus' and recently "Internet Security"

I'll say this though - Norton Ghost was the ONLY program capable of truly
cloning an XP drive and moving it onto a bigger drive.... Big props for
that...
Old March 9th 05, 10:46 PM
J. Clarke

The Chris wrote:

"Lester Piglet" wrote in news:422eaa65$0$26732
:

How do Norton continue to sell software with the amount of problems it
causes? I seen it so many times.....

"First of One" wrote in message

Yes, get rid of Norton Antivirus and use something less intrusive,

like

AntiVir.

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

After running norton antivirus, my video driver was disabled. When

tried to reinstall I got an "Access Denied" error. has anyone dealt
with this and how did you get passed this error? I'm seeing really

bad

scrolling when reading documents and I need to reinstall the driver
pronto.

Don

I guess I'm lucky - I have zero problems with my Norton Products....

Whew - SystemWorks is one I wouldn't stand behind.... What a resource
hog...However, it does solve some issues. I guess when I think of
"Norton", I just think of 'Anti-Virus' and recently "Internet Security"

I'll say this though - Norton Ghost was the ONLY program capable of truly
cloning an XP drive and moving it onto a bigger drive.... Big props for
that...

Are you referring to Ghost 8 or to Drive Image 7, which is now called "Ghost
9"?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Still no gameplay. Could this be the problem? Ferrante Nvidia Videocards 14 December 16th 04 12:38 AM
How to uninstall Video drivers? Jeff Ingram Ati Videocards 5 November 20th 04 04:59 PM
New Radeon 9600 Pro - No Direct3D support? Scott Smith Ati Videocards 7 September 28th 04 04:50 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
Best way to install FX5700U drivers on virgin system? John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 0 January 27th 04 05:10 AM