Samsung Play Well with nVidia?

Old May 17th 09, 04:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don[_14_]

Default Samsung Play Well with nVidia?

Does anyone know how well a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW monitor works with a
nVidia GeForce 9600GT video card? Right now I am using a ViewSonic VP2330wb
monitor on my WinXp box with the latest nVidia drivers. I'm not satisfied
with it because at 1920*1200 the image is blurry and unusable. And when
trying to use Linux, it is totally useless (even with the nVidia drivers
installed). Anyway, there's a really good sale on the Samsung and I was
wondering if I should buy it. Any thoughts, experiences with nVidia and
Samsung?

Old May 17th 09, 06:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Homer Jay Simpson[_3_]

"Don" wrote in message
Does anyone know how well a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW monitor works with a
nVidia GeForce 9600GT video card? Right now I am using a ViewSonic
VP2330wb monitor on my WinXp box with the latest nVidia drivers. I'm not
satisfied with it because at 1920*1200 the image is blurry and unusable.
And when trying to use Linux, it is totally useless (even with the nVidia
drivers installed). Anyway, there's a really good sale on the Samsung and
I was wondering if I should buy it. Any thoughts, experiences with nVidia
and Samsung?

Are you using the DVI input or the VGA input on the monitor?

If you're using a VGA cable running into the VGA port of your monitor, you
should get yourself a DVI cable and connect it into the DVI port of the
monitor instead and see if it's still blurry.

Old May 17th 09, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Don" wrote in message
Does anyone know how well a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW monitor works with a
nVidia GeForce 9600GT video card? Right now I am using a ViewSonic
VP2330wb monitor on my WinXp box with the latest nVidia drivers. I'm not
satisfied with it because at 1920*1200 the image is blurry and unusable.
And when trying to use Linux, it is totally useless (even with the nVidia
drivers installed). Anyway, there's a really good sale on the Samsung and
I was wondering if I should buy it. Any thoughts, experiences with nVidia
and Samsung?

One must assume that either you do not have a correct Viewsonic *.inf
installed, or you have not defined a custom one using a 3rd party app, or
WinXP's default PnP *.inf file does not list 1920x1200 as a recognized
resolution. Your monitor should be crystal clear, assuming your connection
is good. The *.inf files are often called monitor "drivers". You video
driver is not the same thing. Did this Viewsonic come with a CD? The
original from Viewsonic isn't listed in their archives section, however
utulities like Powerstrip will allow you to define a correct custom
resolution and refresh rate and this should give you crystal clear images.