Rebuilding System A8N-SLI

Old March 24th 05, 12:40 AM
Dave McCaleb

Default Rebuilding System A8N-SLI

Hi Yall,
I have been posting here for a while, in regard to an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe
board with:
Nvidia 6800GT Video (2) SLI
1.2 Terrabyt storage in 4 drives 2 IDE (Boot Drive) 2 SATA Single, no RAID
AMD Winchester 3000+ 64
Creative Audigy 4
2048 Corsair RAM
2 Optical drives,(DVD,1 Writer)
Pimps lights and whistles
Enermax 600 W PSU

My question,
I am now putting in an AMD FX 55 CPU. What is your opinion on reinstalling
Windows XP (SP2) and how should I go about configuring it?
I had so many problems with the computer until now installing and
reinstalling hard drives and graphic cards, that I would like to avoid as
many problems as possible.
I thought I would install 1 graphic card to start, and maybe leave the
Audigy out until it is stable, and then install the 2nd graphic card and the
sound card when it is up and runnng. Let me say, I have already tried
putting both graphic cards in at the same time, and evidently Windows XP had
issues with 2 graphic cards installed simultaniously. I troubleshot for at
least 3 days with that instal. Is that also a problem on a fresh install? I
was REAL careful about removing drivers and progams for the previous ATI
graphic card. All suggestions are appreciated.

Dave

Old March 24th 05, 12:45 AM
Dave McCaleb

Let me add, I will be installing the DVD ROM and Writer drives as Y and Z.
That's so they don't end up between the SATA and IDE drives on the system,
and will remain in a set location for program installations.

"Dave McCaleb" wrote in message
Hi Yall,
I have been posting here for a while, in regard to an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe
board with:
Nvidia 6800GT Video (2) SLI
1.2 Terrabyt storage in 4 drives 2 IDE (1 as Boot Drive), 2 SATA Single,

Old March 24th 05, 08:09 PM
Frank

I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
one after another.
I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.

Frank

Old March 24th 05, 08:21 PM
Zorglub38

Hi,

Frank a écrit :
I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
one after another.
I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.

Frank

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002 !

ZOrglub38

Old March 24th 05, 11:27 PM
RJT

Zorglub38 wrote:

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002 !

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...e/1007sd03.zip
Old March 25th 05, 09:17 PM
MAd MAx

BTW where are you from ?
Vienne, Grenoble, Bourg d'Oisans ?

"Zorglub38" a écrit dans le message
news: ...
Hi,

Frank a écrit :
I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and

add
one after another.
I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.

Frank

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002

!

ZOrglub38

Old March 25th 05, 10:11 PM
Frank

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002
!

ZOrglub38

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...8N-SLI_Deluxe/

Frank