my fingers are covered in black - why

Old January 26th 08, 05:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

Default my fingers are covered in black - why

Hi
I have a Canon IP4200 and I refill my carts
Recently I have noticed that when handling [to cut] glossy photo paper
printed for a DVD cover, that my fingers are covered in black, but no
other colour

I haven't changed paper and this has only started to happen
I'm beginning to think that one of the black inks isn't compatible and
it is only now {after many months} that compatible ink has totally
taken over the cart without mixing with the remaining original canon
ink (if you get my drift)

Has anyone else experienced this problem and come up with a solution
other than experimenting using original black carts?

**measekite need not respond**
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Old January 27th 08, 05:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
Hi
I have a Canon IP4200 and I refill my carts
Recently I have noticed that when handling [to cut] glossy photo paper
printed for a DVD cover, that my fingers are covered in black, but no
other colour

You get what you pay for. Try Canon ink.
I haven't changed paper and this has only started to happen
I'm beginning to think that one of the black inks isn't compatible

There is no such thing as compatible. It is just a word made by fly by
niters to get you to buy the crap ink and to make you think you are
saving money when you are really spending less and getting less.
and
it is only now {after many months} that compatible ink has totally
taken over the cart without mixing with the remaining original canon
ink (if you get my drift)

Has anyone else experienced this problem and come up with a solution
other than experimenting using original black carts?

Buy Canon ink.

I like it when I hear about these issues. I told you all about the
perils of the crap ink. Still many do not want to admit that it is best
to use ink recommended by the mfg. You rarely read about any issues
with OEM ink. It is always the cheapos that have the problems. Here is
proof. Other postings detail head clogging, photo fading, poor to not
being right photo quality, color not matching original and no color
profiles for the paper. But you know what they say

Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me
Failing to admit it
Makes an idiot

**measekite need not respond**

Old January 27th 08, 10:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jan 27, 12:22*pm, measekite wrote:

Buy Canon ink.

I like it when I hear about these issues. *I told you all about the
perils of the crap ink. *Still many do not want to admit that it is best
to use ink recommended by the mfg. *You rarely read about any issues
with OEM ink. *It is always the cheapos that have the problems. *Here is
proof. *Other postings detail head clogging, photo fading, poor to not
being right photo quality, color not matching original and no color
profiles for the paper. *But you know what they say
Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me
Failing to admit it
Makes an idiot

This is so true...

Thats why I changed over to aftermarket inks. Canon was fooling me
into beleiving that thier inks were superiour...to only find out from
a Canon rep that thier ink is only as good as generic ink. But there
are still fools out there that only use OEM.

Fool me once....only.
Old January 28th 08, 02:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

I seemed to have solved my problem
Replaced the Black : CLI-8BK
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Old January 28th 08, 05:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

I seemed to have solved my problem Replaced the Black : CLI-8BK

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:50:40 GMT, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

>Hi >I have a Canon IP4200 and I refill my carts

That is why you encountered the problem.