Need opinions and advice on using a Radeon 9800 Pro with Nvidia Nforce2 mobo

Old July 8th 03, 03:47 AM
BuddhaBear

Default Need opinions and advice on using a Radeon 9800 Pro with Nvidia Nforce2 mobo

Hey all,
I'm going to be getting the Radeon 9800 Pro pretty soon
and was wondering if anyone is already using it in a Nvidia Nforce2
mobo? Any problems? I'm pretty sure there won't be, but I just want
to make sure. TIA!

Old July 8th 03, 04:35 AM
Lenroc

BuddhaBear made it known on Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:47:08 +0000 that he
thought this was worth saying:

Hey all,
I'm going to be getting the Radeon 9800 Pro pretty soon
and was wondering if anyone is already using it in a Nvidia Nforce2
mobo? Any problems? I'm pretty sure there won't be, but I just want
to make sure. TIA!

I have an ASUS A7N8XDeluxe (nForce 2 based) mobo, and an ATI 9600 Pro.
Works great (except in Red Hat, but... y'know).

HTH

--
Lenroc

Old July 8th 03, 10:15 AM
Morgan Sales

BuddhaBear wrote:
Hey all,
I'm going to be getting the Radeon 9800 Pro pretty soon
and was wondering if anyone is already using it in a Nvidia Nforce2
mobo? Any problems? I'm pretty sure there won't be, but I just want
to make sure. TIA!

No problems here under Windows XP.

--
Morgan.
------

Old July 8th 03, 04:46 PM
Morgan Sales

edde wrote:
Morgan, have you got 8x agp and fastwrites working too?

As far as I can tell I have, I've certainly turned them on in the GUI at
some point.

--
Morgan.
------

Old July 8th 03, 05:00 PM
Morgan Sales

Roger Squires wrote:
Morgan, have you got 8x agp and fastwrites working too?

Radeon cards do not support agp8x + fastwrites. Leave fw off in
the bios.

Are you sure about that? I'm certain that I've turned both AGP 8X and fast
writes on. Can't for the life of me work out where I did it though, it
doesn't seem to be in the display properties. It might have been when I
installed the drivers.

--
Morgan.
------

Old July 8th 03, 05:27 PM
Brama

Roger Squires wrote:
Morgan, have you got 8x agp and fastwrites working too?

Radeon cards do not support agp8x + fastwrites. Leave fw off in the
bios.

rms

In which planet?

I have a Rdeon 9800 pro on Abit nf7-s (nforce2) and it works with agp8x
and fastwrites from the beginnig.

Bye,

Mao

Old July 8th 03, 06:11 PM
Roger Squires

Are you sure about that? I'm certain that I've turned both AGP 8X and
fast
writes on.

You're right. I checked it again and it works fine on my nforce2 board
+ 9700p. I seem to recall earlier radeons did have a fw problem, but oh
well.

rms

ISP opinions Jtiche General 3 January 19th 05 04:03 AM
Advice and opinions needed! REMUS Overclocking AMD Processors 5 November 6th 04 08:29 PM
Looking for Ram advice Mike Savad Gigabyte Motherboards 9 October 29th 03 01:49 AM
Opinions and advice on Overclock please... tHatDudeUK Overclocking AMD Processors 16 September 15th 03 07:11 PM
Advice on lockup problem grendel General 1 July 7th 03 05:39 AM