One more HP question

Old August 15th 16, 09:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Thip

Default One more HP question

"Carpe Diem" wrote in message
Op 14-8-2016 om 21:29 schreef Thip:
"Carpe Diem" wrote in message
Because I could.

You can do a lot, however it's much more logic to continue in the
first thread.
And the way you react will not stimulate people to help you...

--
Carpe Diem
"Make things as simple as possible,

And the way YOU react does not stimulate me to listen to you. That was
your logic. I used mine.

No one has to listen to me, it's a free world. And I know very well that
you will not...
I only wanted to tell you that yout logic is far from logic.
And I think that there are certain rules when you use newsgroups.
Of course, thats not YOUR problem, isn't it?

--
Carpe Diem
"Make things as simple as possible,
but not simpler" (Albert Einstein).

Been using BB's since, oh, 1996. You?

Carpe noctem.

Old August 16th 16, 07:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Carpe Diem[_2_]

Op 15-8-2016 om 22:08 schreef Thip:

Been using BB's since, oh, 1996. You?

Carpe noctem.

Grapjas (of toch een poging tot).

Old August 18th 16, 03:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snipped]
On my Acer laptop, a day after I got it, I was prompted
to burn five DVDs, and those contain a factory copy of
the OS for emergencies. One of the discs is a driver disc.
If the laptop drive ever dies, that's how I put the
OS back onto it. After the DVDs are burnt, I rip
them to ISO9660 format, and store the ISOs somewhere
for safe keeping. As the DVDs might be unreadable
when I need them.

Hi Paul. I've recently been through his with an HP Envy dv6 laptop and
burned seven DVDs. I haven't ripped ISOs of them though and would like to do
so on my Windows 7 desktop. What free software do you recommend to do this
as quickly and painlessly as possible?

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Old August 18th 16, 03:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
.[_6_]

On 8/17/2016 9:24 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snipped]
On my Acer laptop, a day after I got it, I was prompted
to burn five DVDs, and those contain a factory copy of
the OS for emergencies. One of the discs is a driver disc.
If the laptop drive ever dies, that's how I put the
OS back onto it. After the DVDs are burnt, I rip
them to ISO9660 format, and store the ISOs somewhere
for safe keeping. As the DVDs might be unreadable
when I need them.

Hi Paul. I've recently been through his with an HP Envy dv6 laptop and
burned seven DVDs. I haven't ripped ISOs of them though and would like to do
so on my Windows 7 desktop. What free software do you recommend to do this
as quickly and painlessly as possible?

Windows 7 native Windows Media Player will burn ISOs
or use the Alexander Feinman ISO RECORDER to create
ISOs - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

7-zip for extracting ISOs or most other compressed file types.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

Flash drives are a far faster and superior approach to installing
an OS than DVDs. Just be sure to properly prep the drive first.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx
Old August 18th 16, 01:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Thip

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snipped]
On my Acer laptop, a day after I got it, I was prompted
to burn five DVDs, and those contain a factory copy of
the OS for emergencies. One of the discs is a driver disc.
If the laptop drive ever dies, that's how I put the
OS back onto it. After the DVDs are burnt, I rip
them to ISO9660 format, and store the ISOs somewhere
for safe keeping. As the DVDs might be unreadable
when I need them.

Hi Paul. I've recently been through his with an HP Envy dv6 laptop and
burned seven DVDs. I haven't ripped ISOs of them though and would like to
do so on my Windows 7 desktop. What free software do you recommend to do
this as quickly and painlessly as possible?

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a
cozy little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

I've used Imgburn in the past, but I can't remember if it's now bundled with
crapware or not.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Old August 18th 16, 01:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Thip

"Yrrah" wrote in message
"Thip" :

I actually got Windows reloaded on this stupid HP p6 and it booted, but
I'm
convinced the hard drive is failing fast. If I were to make an image of
the
boot partition, could I legally restore it onto another drive? This
family
can't afford and new drive and a copy of Windows.

You can always install a superior free OS... ;-)

Yrrah

I did recommend a superior free OS. The problem is their daughter, who has
multiple learning disabilities, is being home-schooled this year. Learning
to navigate a new OS is beyond her right now.

Old August 18th 16, 03:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Thip wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
[...]

Version 2.5.0.0 is the last clean one. You can tell
by the size of the download.

I got mine at oldversion I think.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/do...mgburn-2-5-0-0

2.5.0.0_SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0.exe 2,169,915 bytes Jul 26, 2009
CRC32: 39CD6FC6
MD5: F3791CFACDAC03B9E676E44AA2630243
SHA-1: E07BCC23B495D0A966BAE359EA9E0E3A11888454

HTH,
Paul
Old August 20th 16, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Thip wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you kindly. :-)