Urgent question on upgrading for pixel shader 3 or 2.b on a low budget what would be the best...

Old July 24th 05, 12:11 AM
DDC

Default Urgent question on upgrading for pixel shader 3 or 2.b on a low budget what would be the best...

Urgent question on upgrading for pixel shader 3 or 2.b on a low
budget what would be the best...

I can't get my mind fix on my next upgrade. Should i choice an ati
x700pro 256 mb with vivo,-- cause there is one--I, technologies or
getting me an nvidia 6600gt with the same setting for video in. My
principal though are for new technologies and video-in stuff. Also is
there an ati x7xx series cards that have pixel shader 3? I can't
understand why ati didn't put ps3 on there xseries.

Finaly what's the difference between ps2 ps2.b and ps3.
Are there any picture on the web that shows the difference.

Thank you.
Old July 24th 05, 02:55 AM
First of One

"DDC" wrote in message
I can't get my mind fix on my next upgrade. Should i choice an ati
x700pro 256 mb with vivo,-- cause there is one--I, technologies or
getting me an nvidia 6600gt with the same setting for video in.

The 6600GT is way faster even in raw horsepower.

principal though are for new technologies and video-in stuff. Also is
there an ati x7xx series cards that have pixel shader 3? I can't
understand why ati didn't put ps3 on there xseries.

No ATi card has SM 3.0 support. The reason is quite simple: there are only
one or two games that benefit from this technology. Meanwhile, you are
paying for it by means of a higher transistor count, higher heat, and lower
clock speed than what would be possible on a "simpler" GPU. The Geforce6
series draw a lot more power and produce a lot more heat than competing ATi
cards.