A8N-SLI with Crucial RAM

Old February 6th 05, 11:37 AM
Ben Pope

Rob Nicholson wrote:
You will probably be happier with Corsair RAM...it's the best that
money can buy, and the company is the most reputable computer
peripheral company I have ever dealt with.

Hmm, their web site appears to be down - not a good advert :-)

Odd, it was fine when I made my post and is ok now.

Ben

Old February 6th 05, 11:39 AM
Ben Pope

Rob Nicholson wrote:
What's so special about the Ballistix memory? When I go through the
Crucial memory picker, the most popular choice is:

http://tinyurl.com/69tsd

It's considerable cheaper and I'm not going to be overclocking this
system.

It's CL2, instead of CL3 for the above part.

It makes a little difference in speed.

I guess it depends on whether you want to make the most of memory bandwidth
limited tasks.

Ben

Old February 6th 05, 12:29 PM
Rob Nicholson

Odd, it was fine when I made my post and is ok now.

http://www.corsairmicro.com/ ??

I'm getting cannot find server.

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 6th 05, 12:30 PM
Rob Nicholson

I guess it depends on whether you want to make the most of memory
bandwidth limited tasks.

All I want to do is play this copy of Doom 3 that I was bought for Christmas
:-)

Old February 6th 05, 12:42 PM
Ben Pope

Rob Nicholson wrote:
I guess it depends on whether you want to make the most of memory
bandwidth limited tasks.

All I want to do is play this copy of Doom 3 that I was bought for
Christmas :-)

You may find that CL2 helps a little, but only you can see which side of the
cost/performance trade-off you want to be. Also, I'd like to say that 1GB
of CL3 RAM would be much better than 512MB of CL2. 1GB of CL2 is nice
though.

These things (CL2 instead of 3) are more about squeezing the last few
percent.

Ben

Old February 6th 05, 12:49 PM
Ben Pope

Rob Nicholson wrote:
Odd, it was fine when I made my post and is ok now.

http://www.corsairmicro.com/ ??

I'm getting cannot find server.

My bad, I was talking about Crucial.

Yes, corsairmicro seems to be down, it's odd though:
www.corsairmicro.com. 38400 CNAME corsairmicro.com.

If you go to http://corsairmicro.com you get a 403 - Forbidden.

Going to www I get a DNS error (I guess some nameservers have the CNAME and
others not). Some of their records are 48 hours, so it could be a couple of
days before it's sorted, if it is a DNS problem.

Ben

Old February 6th 05, 01:26 PM
NoNoBadDog!

Bad script on the front page... try this...

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/xms.html

Bobby

Old February 6th 05, 02:13 PM
Ben Pope

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
Bad script on the front page... try this...

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/xms.html

My nameserver currently has no idea who www is.

Ben

Old February 6th 05, 02:53 PM
Rob Nicholson

Bad script on the front page... try this...

Ta!

Old February 6th 05, 02:55 PM
Rob Nicholson

These things (CL2 instead of 3) are more about squeezing the last few
percent.

I don't think I'm that demanding :-) I'll go for the not-so-fast variety but
will be getting 2 x 512 so I can use that dual bank feature, thingy...

Crucial Memory Paul Asus Motherboards 6 May 4th 04 10:30 AM
Asus A7V8X-X - bios setup for Athlon 2600+, crucial 2700 memory? Crom Asus Motherboards 1 February 2nd 04 04:38 PM
Overclocked 2500 Barton to 3200 using my old Crucial 2100 DDR [email protected] General 5 January 18th 04 09:01 AM
Crucial OK w/A7N8X & XP2100+ sdlomi Asus Motherboards 4 November 20th 03 08:34 AM
Crucial modules Lane Lewis Overclocking 5 July 7th 03 08:08 AM