Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe weird graphic performance

Old February 13th 04, 01:13 PM
Hinnerk van der Felde

Default Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe weird graphic performance

Hi newsgroup,

upgraded my system as follows and I'm pretty much surprised of the graphic
performance. It got worse!

Old system:
Asus A7V133
Athlon XP 2000+
512 MB Ram PC266
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

New System
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Athlon XP 3200+
2x256 MB Ram (Dual Channel at 200MHz)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

The graphic performance in PCMark04 went down from 4600 (old system) to 3400
(new system)! Similar results with PCMark2003 and Aquamark3.

CPU and Memory has risen about 30-50% measured with PCMark04, which was
expectable.

What's going wrong here? I use DirectX 9.0b, ATI Catalyst driver 3.6 for
both systems. BIOS settings in the new systems are near to deafult settings,
nothing special, no overclocking.

I don't have the faintest clou what this is all about. Please help,

Hinnerk

Old February 13th 04, 06:32 PM
dino

at least you are higher than me...I only pull 3800's with my rig...somehow
these A7N's seem to be bottlenecked...you have seen the issue I have going
so..if I can't get this it is either DFI or Abit next time

Old February 13th 04, 10:32 PM
Hinnerk van der Felde

Issue is solved, switched to the new Catalyst 4.2 driver and the combo is
kicking ass. Around 30k score (combined) in Aquamark3. Framerates in games
with 4xAA and 4xAF at 1024*768*32 between 60 and 100, all details high
(RavenShield).

Suggest to get this driver.

Hinnerk