[XP x64] Upgrading nForce 6200 Drivers (71.84 or 77.72)

Old July 6th 05, 08:02 PM
Jed

Default [XP x64] Upgrading nForce 6200 Drivers (71.84 or 77.72)

Here's the scenario:

I built an Athlon 64 3000+ machine and bought an Asus 6200 Nvidia
graphics card for it to be used with Windows XP Professional x64.

The setup program on the driver installation disk that came with the
ASUS card is incompatible with x64. It fails trying to load the driver
EIO.sys. Therefore, I can't install the drivers for the card and am
running only off the generic Nvidia driver supplied with x64.

So, I think I'll install one of the beta x64 Nvidia drivers from the
Nvida site. Download the executables for 71.84 and the more bleeding
edge 77.72. Run the install, which copies the compressed drivers to
the C:\NVIDIA directory, begins setup then fails with the message.

"The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are
comptible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I can think of two possibilities: 1. Because I could not install the
drivers that came on CD with the card, the upgrade setup program can
find no existing drivers to upgrade and thinks I don't have an NVIDIA
card installed.

2. ASUS has done some tweak that requires that I wait for x64 Nvidia
drivers from ASUS rather than getting them directly from NVIDIA.

Am I missing something? Yes, I am a noob to recent graphics cards
which possibly makes my questions obvious to some but, hey, help
anyway.
Old July 7th 05, 01:23 PM
Sune Storgaard

Jed wrote

I built an Athlon 64 3000+ machine and bought an Asus 6200 Nvidia
graphics card for it to be used with Windows XP Professional x64.

cut
So, I think I'll install one of the beta x64 Nvidia drivers from the
Nvida site. Download the executables for 71.84 and the more bleeding
edge 77.72. Run the install, which copies the compressed drivers to
the C:\NVIDIA directory, begins setup then fails with the message.

"The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are
comptible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

cut

I think there was a few releases of the x64 driver that didnt have support
for the 6200. Dont know why that one was left out, but something in my head
(besides the voices) tells me it is so.

Try this one (77.50)

The 6200 is listed on the supported hardware list atleast.

And dont forget to check if your 6200 card can be modded to a 6600

--
This episode is called: "an elephant ****s a pig".
But the networks had it changed to "an elephant makes love to a pig".

Old July 7th 05, 04:06 PM
Jed

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:23:44 +0200, "Sune Storgaard"
wrote:

Jed wrote

"The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are
comptible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

cut

I think there was a few releases of the x64 driver that didnt have support
for the 6200. Dont know why that one was left out, but something in my head
(besides the voices) tells me it is so.

Try this one (77.50)

Got it, thanks. I'll try this later today.

The 6200 is listed on the supported hardware list atleast.

And dont forget to check if your 6200 card can be modded to a 6600

Already on the schedule. Thanks for the reminder though.