SATA boot rom?

Old March 7th 05, 11:30 PM
Bobby

Default SATA boot rom?

My BIOS has two settings which I don't understand:

1. SATA Boot ROM
2. On-board Promise Controller.

The manual is hopeless. Can anyone tell me what these settings mean and
whether I should enable or disable them?

Cheers.

Bobby

Old March 8th 05, 12:48 AM
John Smith

It might help if we new what kind and model of board you have and what type
of drives you are trying to install.

Old March 8th 05, 12:54 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Bobby wrote:
My BIOS has two settings which I don't understand:

1. SATA Boot ROM

For booting from Serial ATA drives (for a definition of Serial ATA see
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/Serial_ATA.html)

2. On-board Promise Controller.

An on board RAID (Redundant Array (of) Independent/Inexpensive Disks)
controller.

For a definition of RAID see http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/R/RAID.html

The manual is hopeless. Can anyone tell me what these settings mean
and whether I should enable or disable them?

Cheers.

Bobby

on salads.