X1900XTX and DirectX 10

Old September 8th 06, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jjxjjx

Default X1900XTX and DirectX 10

Hi,

I am planiing to buy new PC with X1900XTX.
my question is :
When MIcrosoft release Windows Vista with DirectX 10, will my X1900XTX
will be DirectX compatibile?

tnx

Old September 8th 06, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
M. Ziegler

jjxjjx schrieb:
Hi,

I am planiing to buy new PC with X1900XTX.
my question is :
When MIcrosoft release Windows Vista with DirectX 10, will my X1900XTX
will be DirectX compatibile?

tnx

DX10 cards are coming next year.

Michael
Old September 8th 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jjxjjx

M. Ziegler je napisao/la:
jjxjjx schrieb:
Hi,

I am planiing to buy new PC with X1900XTX.
my question is :
When MIcrosoft release Windows Vista with DirectX 10, will my X1900XTX
will be DirectX compatibile?

tnx

DX10 cards are coming next year.

Michael

Tnx for answer.
DX10 will be released with Vista,
but my question is: Will X1900XTX will be good for DirectX 10?

Old September 8th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
vellu

It is compatible (that is, it will work with DX10), but not fully
compliant (that is, supports all DX10 functions). Compliant cards are
coming out next year.

Old September 8th 06, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
spring

"jjxjjx" wrote in message
ups.com...

M. Ziegler je napisao/la:
jjxjjx schrieb:
Hi,

I am planiing to buy new PC with X1900XTX.
my question is :
When MIcrosoft release Windows Vista with DirectX 10, will my X1900XTX
will be DirectX compatibile?

tnx

DX10 cards are coming next year.

Michael

Tnx for answer.
DX10 will be released with Vista,
but my question is: Will X1900XTX will be good for DirectX 10?

You will get DX10 via driver emulation but it will not be as good as a card
designed for DX10...

Bill

Old September 9th 06, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jjxjjx

tnx for answers....
think i will wait for dx10 card
as i heard Vista will be sold in november 2006 to some companies...
so i hope dx10 cards will be on market in december 2006

Old September 10th 06, 01:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
spring

"jjxjjx" wrote in message
oups.com...
tnx for answers....
think i will wait for dx10 card
as i heard Vista will be sold in november 2006 to some companies...
so i hope dx10 cards will be on market in december 2006

most likely 07

Old September 11th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

"spring" wrote in message

"jjxjjx" wrote in message
oups.com...
tnx for answers....
think i will wait for dx10 card
as i heard Vista will be sold in november 2006 to some companies...
so i hope dx10 cards will be on market in december 2006

most likely 07

Yep, 2nd Half 2007.

That's Ok though, hell this year is almost over.

And it's not like I upgrade my video card every 6months, more like once
every two or three years. So it makes perfect sense to wait.

Now if eBay sellers would stop teasing me with those low starting bids on
x1600's Ill be able to save some cash till then.