ATI .. R.I.P --AMD is droping ATI brand name (?)

Old August 10th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Agent_C

Default ATI .. R.I.P --AMD is droping ATI brand name (?)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:10:25 -0400, "Tony DiMarzio"
wrote:

[...] excellent drivers.

You're crazy!

A_C

Old August 10th 06, 09:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
M. Ziegler

Agent_C schrieb:
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:10:25 -0400, "Tony DiMarzio"
wrote:

[...] excellent drivers.

You're crazy!

A_C

Hi

I never had problems with ATI drivers. Never had texture shimmering.

Michael
Old August 10th 06, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Agent_C

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:31:05 +0200, "M. Ziegler"
wrote:

Hi

I never had problems with ATI drivers. Never had texture shimmering.

Than you never owned (and actually used) an All-In-Wonder, or TV
Wonder.

A_C

Old August 10th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shawk

wrote:

Hi

I never had problems with ATI drivers. Never had texture shimmering.

Than you never owned (and actually used) an All-In-Wonder, or TV
Wonder.

A_C

I've always bought hardware for specific tasks. In this case ATI for
gaming graphics cards and Hauppage for TV cards. I expect a card that
claims to do several things to be weak on at least a couple of them.

As gaming cards ATI have been excellent for me for several years and
I've never had more than minor niggles (soon sorted) with their drivers
(including with CCC).

Old August 13th 06, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Aussie

"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message

"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in message
. ..
"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message

"Agent_C" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:56:02 +0100, nospam
wrote:

And the 'control centre crew' please.....

I 2nd that motion... At the very least, I hope we'll see better driver
support as a result of this takeover.

I can't imagine AMD's standards being so lacking as ATI's.

It seem obvious that the company has "lost it's way" and there will

value
in buying
the company and stripping out the wasters who appear to have
taken control of it.

A_C

Wow. You guys are delusional.

Regardless of how unhappy you are with your ATI experience, you

shouldn't
let your hissy fit distort your perception to some deluded reality where
ATI is on the verge of collapse and merely produces crap. At that point
you start to sound ridiculous and lose credibility.

The fact of the matter is that ATI does produce excellent hardware and,
while many will debate this, excellent drivers. Some of ATI's other
software including the driver GUI (CCC) and mmc could definitely use

work,
but this is no means automatically is on it's way out, or in your words,
"lost its way".

The bias is rampant in here.

The critism is aimed at their sales marketing and customer support.
I won't buy one of thir cards untill I can figure out what I am buying,

****.......U got problems arse hole!!!!If u dont know what u buying
ofcourse.

and I won't be doing that via their site (cos its shyte).

No.We normally get off our arse's and go to stores.

Tony

Old August 14th 06, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

Attention all whiners:

Attention all whiners...

ATi has just annouced that it's brand name will now be exclusively applied
to a new line of high tech washing machines.

All future support for existing ATi 3D hardware will be taken over by Nvidia
for a small one time fee from the end-user.

Thank you. That is all.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Mobo= R.I.P ? eat411 Asus Motherboards 1 June 16th 04 06:03 AM
P4C800 onboard LAN droping connection Rocky Asus Motherboards 3 May 24th 04 11:11 PM
Is It Time?? R.I.P. Lifebook :-\) General 2 March 2nd 04 09:25 PM
R.I.P. - GeForce 4 Ti4000 series Darthy Nvidia Videocards 20 January 10th 04 04:25 PM
R.I.P A7v133 rutger Asus Motherboards 0 July 28th 03 03:56 AM