Slow Frame Rates - 8800 GTS

Old August 6th 07, 08:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

Default Slow Frame Rates - 8800 GTS

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message

With it, the AMD dual core driver, and the XP driver installed I get
20 with all sliders to the right on an Athlon 64 X2 6000 with the
8800GTS. Chasing cars down between the trees it drops to about 12 at
times. Still the motion seems smooth.

Take the baron down a busy express way just over the tops of the cars
and trucks at about 160 knots.:-))

There are about 4 or 5 on there with the new top end Intels making
that claim which is probably why he's expecting far more than what
he'd getting. I don't know of any one making much over 30 or 40 with
the Athlons and I have both the FX72 and X2 6000 running FSX. OTOH
I've not tried to tune for maximum frames. I went for as much realism
as I could get and still maintain acceptable frame rates. Those frame
rates are far less than a gamer would settle for but they work fine
with FSX.

I'm like you... love the little cars and my city has a nice river and FSX
does it so well. Added 19 meter mesh and to fly the valley at 200 feet is a
good time. Dual core 2.8, 3g ram and a pos 7300 vid card but she flies
smooth. Gotta get me one of those 8800's.

I just worry about smooth flight. Don't display the frame rate counter. I
have it set at 20 anyway.

I suppose flying over snow at 30,000 feet with a state of the art computer
you could get some pretty high frame rates. Doesn't do it for me tho.

Old August 7th 07, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:21:25 GMT, "Slap" wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

IRL 190 to 200 MPH at 500 to 1000 feet is a whole lot more fun than
setting up there too:-)) OTOH if you are going on a long trip the
altitude can really help out. Set the autopilot, talk to ATC, and
don't forget where you are.

Old August 8th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"William Likins" wrote in message

One more question, after reading the links, about power supply.

If the unit has a 400W supply, can one assume the amperage at 12
volts is 400W/12 = 33 amps?

You cannot assume that. The PSU must also supply 5v and 3.3v.

This card needs 26A at 12 volts.

Crap. The card itself uses less than 11A peak in 3D mode.