General C82 Maintenace Questions

Old July 23rd 03, 04:31 PM
Safetymom123

Default General C82 Maintenace Questions

Be sure to power off the printer using the power button on the printer. Run
several cleaning cycles before you leave. Run several when you return.
Shouldn't have a problem. I don't do anything and I don't have any problems
with clogs but if you feel you must do something the above will do it.

"Pat" wrote in message
Epson C82:

Is the general rule to print a minimum of one page every week, else it

will
clog badly?

What if you go on vacation for three weeks, is there something you can do

keep the nozzles from clogging?

Old July 23rd 03, 10:46 PM
brane_ded

Question for mom,

My old Epson 777 was suppose to be connected to a powered-outlet
at-all-times...I have found nothing in the manual that says the C82
needs this same qualification.
If you power off by printer switch...can you also have it plugged to a
switch-off-able surge protector?

Thx X10,
brane
Old July 24th 03, 04:46 AM
Don Davis

Brane,
All Epson printers should be connected to a powered outlet for the
following reason: The printer should be powered off by the power switch on
the printer so the print head is moved to the "parked" position when not in
use so as to cover the print head to keep it from dying out, causing a clog.
The printer may be connected to a on/off-able surge protector, but the
printer MUST powered off by the printers power switch first before shutting
off the surge protector, for the reasons mentioned above. Powering off the
printer by the surge protector is THE main reason for the head clogging
problem with Epson printers.
I hope this answer your question.
Don D
m...

Old July 24th 03, 12:44 PM
Safetymom123

I agree with Don. It is a good thing to have your equipment plugged into a
surge strip. But always turn the printer off with it's own power button
first.