DVD Player quits about half way through

Old October 14th 03, 07:25 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

Default DVD Player quits about half way through

I occasionally have the same problem with my 9300 (happened twice, I
think)and will be interested in whether any has an answer.

But it seems to me - at least in my case - that it may depend on the DVD.
There was one in particular - every time it got to a certain point in the
movie, it quit. I reopened, bypassed that section and was able to continue
viewing. I have not actually studied this, so I could be wrong about exactly
what is happening. It WAS about halfway through, I think - the Red Violin.

Does this happen on all DVDs?

I also loaded one the other day - Pollack - and could not get it to play at
all. I would click on "Play Movie," and nothing would happen. So I returned
it to the library.

Good luck in solving this.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.
"Delbert Waltrip" wrote in message
I have a 9300 gateway laptop with a DVD/CD player. It plays CD's to the
end, but stops about half way through when playing a DVD. I believe it is

Toshiba model. It is about 4 years old. I have tried to blow in the
opening slot and I have tried several DVDs.
Anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?
Are there two sensors in the unit, one for DVD and one for CD?
TIA
Del

Old October 14th 03, 08:22 PM
PC Gladiator

I've seen this behavior in my friends component DVD player. The player was
defective. He thinks it's something with overheating. It played fine
until halfway through then weird behavior. DVD played fine on my player.

Do the DVDs play OK on other DVD players?

Old October 15th 03, 04:51 AM
Delbert Waltrip

It happens on every one I have tried. Apparently there are two typed of
DVDs, DVD-5 and DVD-9. I don't know what the difference is so I am not sure
which kind I have.

Old October 15th 03, 08:33 AM
Albert Alcoceba

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:22:24 -0400, "PC Gladiator"
wrote:

I've seen this behavior in my friends component DVD player. The player was
defective. He thinks it's something with overheating. It played fine
until halfway through then weird behavior. DVD played fine on my player.

Do the DVDs play OK on other DVD players?

One possibility is that the DVDS being played are dual layer (like
just about all are now) and the DVD player can't handle the layer
change.

Albert Alcoceba

http://www.racysrailway.com/
Remove REMOVE

[...]