Monitor won't sleep

Old February 10th 05, 12:26 AM
WoofWoof

Default Monitor won't sleep

I have two systems:

- ASUS P4PE with Nvidia GeForce 2
- ASUS P3V4X with ATI AIW 128

The ATI system was set to put the monitor into sleep mode after 20
minute inactivity and did this OK. However, I could never get the NVidia
system to do this (even though it was set in Windows Power Options). It
would blank the monitor scree but not make it sleep.

I've just swapped the ATI card in the P3V4X system to a NVidia Quadro2
MXR and now the monitor on this system won't go into sleep mode either.

Is there some NVidia setting that I'm missing here?

(I should add that the monitor is the same for each system - via a KVM
switch)

Old February 10th 05, 03:15 AM
deimos

WoofWoof wrote:
I have two systems:

- ASUS P4PE with Nvidia GeForce 2
- ASUS P3V4X with ATI AIW 128

The ATI system was set to put the monitor into sleep mode after 20
minute inactivity and did this OK. However, I could never get the NVidia
system to do this (even though it was set in Windows Power Options). It
would blank the monitor scree but not make it sleep.

I've just swapped the ATI card in the P3V4X system to a NVidia Quadro2
MXR and now the monitor on this system won't go into sleep mode either.

Is there some NVidia setting that I'm missing here?

(I should add that the monitor is the same for each system - via a KVM
switch)

News==----
Newsgroups

It might be an older driver version. I remember a long time back almost
every release mentioned something about monitor sleep conditions and not
returning from suspend, etc. Give the newest a shot and see how it
goes. If I'm thinking correctly, you might have an older 4x.xx version
or less.
Old February 10th 05, 03:34 AM
First of One

Might be worthwhile to try it without the KVM switch.

Old February 10th 05, 04:37 PM
WoofWoof

deimos wrote:
WoofWoof wrote:

I have two systems:

- ASUS P4PE with Nvidia GeForce 2
- ASUS P3V4X with ATI AIW 128

The ATI system was set to put the monitor into sleep mode after 20
minute inactivity and did this OK. However, I could never get the
NVidia system to do this (even though it was set in Windows Power
Options). It would blank the monitor scree but not make it sleep.

I've just swapped the ATI card in the P3V4X system to a NVidia Quadro2
MXR and now the monitor on this system won't go into sleep mode either.

Is there some NVidia setting that I'm missing here?

(I should add that the monitor is the same for each system - via a KVM
switch)

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups
=----

It might be an older driver version. I remember a long time back almost
every release mentioned something about monitor sleep conditions and not
returning from suspend, etc. Give the newest a shot and see how it
goes. If I'm thinking correctly, you might have an older 4x.xx version
or less.

As far as I recall, when I replaced the ATI card with the NVidia, I got
the latest driver (since I din't have a driver for it anyway). But I'll
check.

Old February 10th 05, 04:39 PM
WoofWoof

First of One wrote:

Might be worthwhile to try it without the KVM switch.

Can't see what difference it would make (especially as it didn't affecth
the ATI card).... but .... it's easy enough to check. Thanks for the
thought.