Printing 2-up or 4-up on laser printer in Windows XP

Old December 13th 06, 09:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

Default Printing 2-up or 4-up on laser printer in Windows XP

I always thought that this was built-in to Windows XP, until the other
day when I couldn't find a way to do this.

Suggestions.

Thanks
Old December 13th 06, 09:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[L.]

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:22:25 -0800, Andrew Hamilton
wrote:

I always thought that this was built-in to Windows XP, until the other
day when I couldn't find a way to do this.

Suggestions.

Thanks

Some printer drivers have it in them. If they don't, FinePrint
(www.fineprint.com) is your friend.

[L.]
Old December 13th 06, 12:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jimmy

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
I always thought that this was built-in to Windows XP, until the other
day when I couldn't find a way to do this.

Suggestions.

Thanks

Take a look at XP's Photo Printing Wizard. After selecting the jpg to be
printed, then selecting the printer you wish to use, the next screen will
display layout choices and preview. The Wizard seems to only come on when
you rt-click the image file and select print on a jpg file, doesn't seem to
work with tiff.

Old December 14th 06, 07:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 05:24:41 -0600, "Jimmy" wrote:

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
.. .
I always thought that this was built-in to Windows XP, until the other
day when I couldn't find a way to do this.

Suggestions.

Thanks

Take a look at XP's Photo Printing Wizard. After selecting the jpg to be
printed, then selecting the printer you wish to use, the next screen will
display layout choices and preview. The Wizard seems to only come on when
you rt-click the image file and select print on a jpg file, doesn't seem to
work with tiff.

And I wanted to do this with PDFs and Word DOC files. Does this mean
I would have to convert a PDF to a JPG to do n-up printing? Weird!

Andy

Old December 15th 06, 04:05 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jimmy

And I wanted to do this with PDFs and Word DOC files. Does this mean
I would have to convert a PDF to a JPG to do n-up printing? Weird!

Andy

The XP Wizard as the name implies is for Photos and seems to work only on
jpg file types. PDF and Word Docs would normally be printed via your
printer drivers. If your printer drivers don't have 2-up capabilities, the
FinePrint program works very well.